Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: Fisherman mortality.....not fish mortality

From York & Starlight, PA
Andy, and everyone else,

You probably know I messed up my back on 09/22/2017 and it finished me for the rest of the season. I was well on my way to fish over 100 days in 2017. The blinding pain I had in my left hip and leg due to a pinched sciatic nerve went away after about ten weeks with no surgery or epidural injections.

The downside though is now my right leg is screwed up and while there is absolutely no pain I can't walk well without a cane (after 2 months of physical therapy) and I can't walk more than a block. Am I going to let that stop me from fishing in 2018 and beyond? Hell no! I booked my trip to the Missouri in Montana for late June for two weeks. If I don't feel safe wading I decided to rent a drift boat everyday. I finally quit smoking so that saved money will pay for the drift boat and shuttle during my trip.

I prefer to wade the Delaware but the Delaware is a lot swifter than the Missouri and the bottom is much more uneven. I'll just use the Hyde more than in prior years and find some PAflyfish guys willing to float with me and help me get the boat in, and back out, of the river.

If you have good health I would never think about Death. What is the point about worrying about something none of have any real control over. I have gone through seven surgeries for various health issues since 1993 and around 70 days in hospital. But I am always thinking about getting out on the water and throwing to that rising fish! Enjoy it all.

Posted on: 1/2 17:01

« 1 2 3 (4)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Sponsors
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

USGS Water Levels
The New Keystone Fly Fishing Book
Polls
Where do you most want to fly fish outside the region?
Western US 39% (31)
Alaska 10% (8)
New Zealand 32% (26)
Florida Keys 3% (3)
South America 6% (5)
Elsewhere 7% (6)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2018/3/17 12:44
6 Comments

Copyright 2018 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com