Fished some new water this weekend...

NPflychucker

NPflychucker

And was not disappointed. Decided to get up early on Saturday and take a drive and explore some new water. Fished a class A around the Blue Knob area and was extremely pleased with the results. I brought a lot of fish to hand that day but here are a few of the better ones. Just wanted to share with everyone

Attachments

• rsz_stream.jpg
    rsz_stream.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 9
  • rsz_brook.jpg
    rsz_brook.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 5
  • rsz_big_brook.jpg
    rsz_big_brook.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 4
  • rsz_brown1.jpg
    rsz_brown1.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 4
  • rsz_brown_2.jpg
    rsz_brown_2.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 4
  • rsz_brown3.jpg
    rsz_brown3.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 4
Nice stream NP. I grew up in Greensburg. Surprised at all the snow on the ground around Blue Knob.

Nice fish. I also can claim Greensburg as "home" GG

Looks familiar. Hee

Fished a new one as well-- not as snowy further west.

]brook[/url]

Nice to see a bunch of fellow Westmoreland fisherman...beautiful pictures love the second brookie.

Can't wait to get up by blue knob myself this year.

The water must have been cold.

What flies were working for you?

Nice brookie Acristickid and nice photos as well NPflychucker. Those browns look great. Love the vivid yellow fins.

Wow, that is some great looking fish by both of you.

GenCon

Nice fish Akid. Wooded areas should be clear enough to get around a lot easier. Good time to scout. GG

Nice pics fellas. Blue Knob is a little outta my wheelhouse. If I drive that far I usually drive the extra hour to Rt. 45. This cabin fever is getting heavy.

thanks for the kind words fellas, Acristicki that brookie is beautiful, wish the ones I caught had half that color! Troutbert, the water was really cold, I dealt with a lot of ice build up through most of the day. As for flies, I was fishing a tandem rig with a grhe and royal coachman wet, both size 14. the grhe caught the most but I did catch a few on the coachman.

Awesome fish. I need to start venturing further out east past the Laurel Highlands.

fishingn00b101 wrote:
Nice to see a bunch of fellow Westmoreland fisherman

Im surprised how many of us there on here. When I first joined, it seemed like everyone was from the other side of the state, but I see more and more people from around here posting.

Wow beautiful fish, I got out and got a few also but a little further north in Indiana co.

Get off my stream! ;)

Looks like you had a good time. Thanks for sharing the pics. We still have a ton of snow around here in the mountains, even with the hot days.

steveo27, you're right, there are more and more of you popping up, I actually know/run into a lot of guys from the area who come over this way to fish.

Will probably run into one of you out there on the stream someday!

Some healthy looking fish for this time of year. Great pics NP
+1 Greensburg native

Back