First trout on fly!!

bdfish

bdfish

I have been checking out this forum for awhile and finally got out on the stream for my first fly fishing "adventure". Went to Spring Creek with a buddy who showed me the ropes. Caught my first trout on a fly-16" Brown. I was just to stoked not to show it off. :-D

Sorry, the pic didn't work. I am at work so I should wait until I get home and try it again.

Very cool, congrats and welcome to the addiction! No better feeling than your first! Except that first 20"er on the fly! Look forward to seeing the picture of it.

I'm still stoked to hear about it. Congradulations!

Congrats!!!you are hooked for life now.

Tell me about it. I am definitely hooked. I have fished for most of my life, but this was just a different and (to me) better experience than i have had on the water in many years.

Congrats!!! What did you get him on? Did you tie it?
Wish ya many more!!!

My buddy tied the flies and set me up. I was nymphing with a tandem rig: flashback (I'm not sure what it was exactly) on top and a Walt's Worm size 18 on the bottom. He hit on the Walt's Worm.

Thanks to everyone for the input. I'm glad I found this site.

I remember my first trout on the fly rod. I was stripping a black wooly bugger back to me then fish slammed it! The fish was hooked and so was I!

Congratulations on your first fish! It only gets better.

Not bad considering that Spring isn't the easiest place to catch fish.

Was it just that one fish? Or did you catch more?

fished from about 0830 until 1200. I had one bite early on but I was screwing around with my slack and missed it. My buddy caught one then i finally got mine toward the end of the morning.

I'm going to try the photo again. It isn't a great pic but oh well.

Nice Brown,Social D is my favorite band seen them about 20 times.

Congratulations! And welcome to divorce, and job loss, and losing all your friends(except fly fishermen)... ha ha!

Back