First float with the new boat!

drews

drews

A while back I added a post about selecting the right pontoon boat and several of you were very helpful, I just wanted to say thanks again and show you a few pics of the first trip! All in all a great day, cold, but a great day. Buddy and I landed 6 fish (all on streamers) ranging from 18" to 22" 3 were 20"+! Boat handled great and nothing but good things to say about my new Scadden Avenger!

Attachments

• b1.jpg
    b1.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 6
  • b2.jpg
    b2.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 2
  • b3.jpg
    b3.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 2
  • b4.jpg
    b4.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 2
  • b5.jpg
    b5.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 2
  • b7.jpg
    b7.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 3
Wow! Some motivating fish pics in addition to the happy customer report.

Ok is that 4 different trouts or the same one 4 times?
Either way Alright ALRight ALRIGHT and ALRIGHTA!

I just purchased (invested) in a 904-4 Access with the moneys made snowblowing and a small lotto winnings - looking forward to my first outing with it.

JEALOUS! Nice troots!

Nice fish,where did the boat get christened?

Wow, they are some healthy hogs.

Nice ride too.

I see the orange tag - is the PFD built in or under your jacket ?

The pfd is actually the belt pack type with the co2 that inflates when pulled... Hardly even knew it was there. And for the feeesh... All different ones.

Were the fish caught while in the boat? or do you just use it for access then wade fish? Just wondering, never boat fished for trout.

Nice job Drews. I have not had mine out yet. We had some high water and terrible winds on my day off. We will be out this week for some cold water small mouth. I will take some pics. Where did you float yours at?

Yeah we actually have a small piece of water we can float this on when the flow is up and fish while floating with boat... Not to say we didn't stop and wade fish some too, but mostly float and strip streamers as we go wherever looked fishy!

Nice Fish!

Hope you have continued good times with the boat!

SWEET! I could have predicted you'd like the boat, but the fish sort of put an exclamation point on things!

Geez what a great way to break it in! Awesome fish and cool adventure.

nice!

dumb question.... really for any floaters / kayakers...

do you float down and then have a long hike back up to launch point, or go with a buddy, drop boats at the launch site and then park one car at the takeout, or what? I remember years ago casual kayaking with the wife and the logisitics of parking a car at the bottom and leaving boats unattended was a hassle.

Very cool! I would love to get a pontoon. It's just not going to happen for a while. I got in a car accident over the weekend; my gear budget just got reallocated to pay the deductible. I had my eye on a new rod too. It's a big bummer.

Mike- my buddy an I both drive leave my car at takeout... Your right it is a hassle but the float is approx 7 hrs so too long of a walk for this guy!

Back