Finally Got a Job!

gaeronf

gaeronf

For those of you who know me, you might be able to appreciate this. I have been bugged and bugged and bugged for a while that I need a job. I kept saying "no no no" for a while but it looks like I've waited it out long enough. I am now working at the WhiteWater Flies Fly Shop. You guys are probably familiar with the online webstore, but Greg Becker just opened up a shop in Lafayette NJ (I think its something like 222 Rt. 15N). I'm super excited because not only do I finally have a job but it's related to what I love. I'll probably end up doing some tying classes and demo's. I will be there pretty much every Saturday from now on, and will be there more often when summer rolls around. So if any of you are ever in the area stop in and say hey! ...other than that I just wanted to share the exciting news.

About time you do some work. ;-)

Greg is a pretty cool guy - you have a good boss. Somehow, I don't see you coming out on the positive side of the ledger though. Their Whiting inventory is pretty awesome. You'll be like a kid in a candy store!

Try to save some $ for gas, anyways. Next time I see Greg, I'll have to fill him in on your nickname. :lol:

Congrats Gaeron!

Welcome to the real world..... :)

Congrats, Gaeron!

Congrats. But never make your 'passion' your job. Just my .02$

I absolutely agree with phish. I think you'll be ok. But for myself when my hobby became my job, it got kinda crazy.

Congrats on the great job though! I'd be pumped!

You're living the dream!

Way to go "G" man, proud of ya. Try to restrain yourself on all the good stuff that'll be at your fingertips. :-D Although you will have first pick of the inventory I can see it now, there you'll be unboxing the shipments... " one for the shop, oh this is nice one for me. Congrats again, this will be a great summer for you, enjoy.

Congrats. But never make your 'passion' your job. Just my .02$

I absolutely agree with phish. I think you'll be ok. But for myself when my hobby became my job, it got kinda crazy.

Thanks everyone!

As for making my passion my job, I'm not. This is just a job I'll have until I go away to college, something (like Ed hinted at) to pay for my gas money, and to keep me immersed into the tying and fly fishing world.

On the downside, I'll certainly have access to way too much fun stuff, I'll be tempted too much. Plus, the shop next to us sells muffins, donuts, pies, and other desert-y things. I'll end up fat and broke!

Must be nice to just have to worry about fishing and nothing else.

SNPbound wrote:
Must be nice to just have to worry about fishing and nothing else.

Yeah, wish I was a kid again...some things. I'd do different...but it IS an opportunity. Next thing ya know, Gaeron'll be writing a book. :>

Back