Fatties and wood

Maurice

Maurice

Administrator
Staff member
Here are a couple of fatties I brought out of some deep wood in stained water. Wood is good.

Attachments

• Fatties1.jpg
    Fatties1.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Fatties2.jpg
    Fatties2.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Fatties3.jpg
    Fatties3.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 4
lovely fish - him and her ?

Brad I would say 2 mepps spinners, a dozen power baits, 4 salmon eggs, handful of corn, 2 night crawlers, a dozen or so red worms, and a caddis larva.

Wood is good.

where'd you get' em

BradFromPotter wrote:
What's in the belly of the trout in the 3rd photo???

When I had a shop here in Galeton a guy brought in a racoon's foot that he pulled out of a brookie's stomach from a beaver pond!

It felt big to me, lots of stuff in there but one larger item. Coulda been another fish. When I was bringing in a small 5" fish a 15+" fish came up from the depths and broke water after it.

Definitely had the feedbag on after the heavy rain last night.

laszlo wrote:
where'd you get' em

I told ya,...in some deep wood in stained water. :-D

Seriously, go to your fav crik in York county and look for the green water, wood and cover...there will be a big trout there. Unless someone kilt it.

I hear ya, I did pretty good a Codorus this afternoon.

wooly bugger in the 3rd pic?

Nice little toads!

My buddy and I were just discussing this weekend how fat and healthy the wild browns have been over the past year in the stream we fish. Seeing fat wild fish makes me happy. They are feeding well and sustaining the wild fishery. Love it!

PatrickC wrote:
Nice little toads!

Seeing fat wild fish makes me happy. They are feeding well and sustaining the wild fishery. Love it!
That makes two of us. And yes, wood is good!

Back