Every now and then you get a NICE surprise

Out4Trout

Out4Trout

So 1st off, please dont bash me for the way I lip handled this one. I had no net and was not expecting to catch something of this size in the small stream I was fishing. quick picture and it was off to be caught another day.

I fished Hickory Run in Carbon County for about an hour today and was getting into quite a few wild brookies. Cast into a nice eddie and WHAM, started battle with this beautiful brown. Guessing by his colors a wild but could be a holdover from the Lehigh since they do come up this far where I was fishing.

Either way, a nice surprise on this small stream and made my night.

Tight Lines !!

Attachments

• IMG_1501.JPG
    IMG_1501.JPG
    170.9 KB · Views: 6
Wow, that was a nice surprise. Nice catch.

going by the spot pattern, fins and gill plate, im gonna say a holdover. Down right beautiful fish either way.

Nice largemouth!

Just razzin ya - saying please isn’t gonna stop me from doin that :)

Really nice looking fish, congrats!

Nice brown. I was going to go out tonight also but I opted out last minute. I hate fishing in humidity. Can't wait for real September weather.

Were you wet wading Hickory or did you have waders on? If waders, was it comfortable?

Wow! Beautiful fish. Is that the pool at the chapel?

Wild...or the best looking holdover I've ever seen.

Spot pattern is very typical of a stocked brown trout, the fins appear to be of a stocked trout as well. Either way its a beautiful fish that has been in the stream a while (most likely in the Lehigh) and those encounters are what keeps us going back for more.

Beautiful brown my man! I really dig the copper color that some browns have. I agree that he/she is a stocker, but who cares- I could catch those all day long.

A nice surprise, tight lines!

WOW, beautiful brown wild or not, never caught one near that size in the Hickory

HOLY CRAP, a big fish in a small stream. Been thinking of taking my son there for a while. Haven't fished it for a long time.

Back