Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Erie Trip Narrative With Pictures

From Bucks County or Bridgeville
I'm not a seasoned Steelheader by any means since I just started fishing in Erie this year, but I get up there at least once a week. One of the biggest complaints that I have heard from other fishermen, myself included, is the crowds. This is going to sound stupid but it is true, to avoid the crowds, don't fish the crowded areas. The holes that have names are the crowded ones. I have found that if you go for walk from the parking areas you can fish many good holding areas with decent pockets in between them all by yourself.

Posted on: 2006/12/2 22:28

From Greensburg, PA
I don't like hunting as much as I could because the idea of that many people around me firing high powered rifles is, to me, kind of a turn off. I dislike opening day because I don't like tangling with 1.2million others on what otherwise might be a pretty stream. Would I like to try steelheading, heck yeah. I haven't yet, but if it becomes like the other two expereinces, I probably won't do it often if not ever again. Heck, even when I fish "with" someone I usually have to go back and find them later because I've managed to sepereate my self from them, at some point, for solitude.

Posted on: 2006/12/3 11:40

From Erie, PA.
It is a rare day when the Erie tribs are not crowded during steelhead season. Its almost always true, that where there are fish, there are people. Walk as much as you want - if you find fish, you'll find people - or if you find the fish first, people will find you. Once you're resigned to that fact, go ahead and fish and enjoy it while it lasts. Respect posted property and the landowners you may meet. There is less and less open water every year and the fees PFCB collects to purchase property is a drop in the bucket compared to the need. If you need solitude, don't fish the Erie tribs because you won't find it.
With all that said, I save up my vacation and fish as much as I can during steelhead season. I enjoy the thrill of a powerful fish that controls me as much as I control it. Who among us would not call it a successful day anywhere else in PA. to hook and land a 25" brown? Or a 10lb. rainbow?

Posted on: 2006/12/6 9:40

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
2 Comments

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com