Erie Fishing Report

F

Fishinmagician

Well, haven't posted in a while hope you all are doing well.Went to erie with some friends.Fished from nov-3-6th water was low and fish were spooky.But if your willing to walk you will find some unpressured fish that are willing to take a fly.All the popular big holes have fish and will bite 1st thing in the morning and right at dusk.The best fly for us was pink and cream sucker spawn also size 14 PT.Had some luck on prince nymphs also same size and both were beadheads.When you do locate a pod of fish after walking make your 1st cast/drift count,they will spook quickly.Ended up after 3 hard days of fishing with about 2 doven fish.Good luck to you guys going to the jam hope this helps.Wade slow or stay out of the water and look very close at the holes/runs my buddy walked by 3 pods of fish that i picked up on and pulled 1 from each hole.

Good luck,
Don

sounds like an honest, legit report.

I think the words you are looking for, Steve, are Thank you.

Thanks for the heads up Don.

Don,

Thanks for the report. I am looking forward to getting up there this weekend.

Dave

Yes, thank you very much for the report. Looks like we'll have the same if not worse conditions up there this coming weekend. Unless there's a "random" water main break somewhere upstream of where we're fishing........

Looking forward to seeing old and new faces up there!

Ryan

ya fishing will be tough this weekend. got out for about a hour and a half tonite and fish were very spooky. most fish are in the big holes but there are a few pockets of fish in some runs and smaller holes. Hooked 2 and landed 1 so they will bite just have to move slow and make the first 1 or 2 cast count because they will spook after a few drifts buy them.

Small tippits are a must.
;)

tom,

I guess I should have said thank you even though this report holds no merit to myself personally... I sincerely hope it helps someone else though.

it pays to know locals ;)

my point was, the info provided sounded spot on... so yes, thank you for not typing something just to hear yourself talk.

No problem guys,I hope you do well if you go.It did rain thursday night when we were up there clouding the water to an almost brownish stain to it.Which was clearing friday evening,I thought this might bring some fresh fish sat morning but it didn't checked a few spots before we left before our 6.5 hour drive home.

Tight lines,
Don

The puzzle has been cut into many more pieces. Thanks for the downer.

Jack,
The fishing is good up here, the catching can be difficult at times thou. Another tip, one must keep their line wet in order to catch a fish. Low and clear means bringing your best to the table on the first cast.

The lure of stacked up fish is ever so tempting-- resist it.

Back