Erie Creeks

wbranch

wbranch

Left for the Erie creeks Monday morning around 2:30 a.m. Arrived at 7:00 to see Elk was high and dirty. Went to some of the farthest east mile creeks and had good success there. Tuesday and Wednesday were good on the western creeks.

Attachments

• Twenty Riffle.JPG
    Twenty Riffle.JPG
    379.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Thirty Fish Day.JPG
    Thirty Fish Day.JPG
    352.1 KB · Views: 4
Nice fresh chrome there congrats....

Any locals up there know what the east side creeks look like today? I might be headed up there tomorrow. I know Elk is about blown but I expect the east side to be dropping by tomorrow.

"I know Elk is about blown"

Just checked the gage at Walnut and I guess there was a big rain event - it is at 859 cfs but dropping. It should be fishable by tomorrow afternoon.

Yeah I like the walnut gauge better. The "Elk" gauge is actually in brandy run and isn't always very good IMO.

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/nwis/uv?04213152

I'm hoping it looks exactly like Oct 15th. Nice big peak, and dips right down to fishable levels by the next day. East side will probably clear a bit quicker.

The nut is at 790 now.. At what is it usually fishable? Thinking of heading up tomarrow. Might check out some of the smaller tribs also. Already attempted to go up there twice this year but went to plan B at the last second both times cuz they were blown out. It looks like I'll have to make another last minute decision :(

I was there last year at 200 cfs and it was moving!

streams will be high in the morning. Rained all night and day up on the hill.

Back