HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Epic Utah creek trip: in search of the Bonneville cutthroat trout

From NE OH
Quote:

Six-Gun wrote:
Thanks a lot, guys. It's one of those trips I'm going to do only occasionally to avoid educating these fish, and even then I'm going to push into new areas.

pcray - I guess I'd better be ready to get a little wet in PA, too, it seems. I'm glad you said something about the waters being this tight up there because I envisioned something a bit more open. Looks like the 6-footer is coming along on that trip to Clinton County, too.

I'm hoping to make it to Clinton County Fri & Sat and I will be exclusively using the 6' 2wt. Love the rod. I'm on TFOs pro staff. I was just curious about your thoughts on the rod. Great feedback. I work with TFO because they are one of (if not thee) best value in the industry.

Posted on: 2013/8/6 20:16

From Fairborn, OH
Quote:

PatrickC wrote:
Quote:

Six-Gun wrote:
Thanks a lot, guys. It's one of those trips I'm going to do only occasionally to avoid educating these fish, and even then I'm going to push into new areas.

pcray - I guess I'd better be ready to get a little wet in PA, too, it seems. I'm glad you said something about the waters being this tight up there because I envisioned something a bit more open. Looks like the 6-footer is coming along on that trip to Clinton County, too.

I'm hoping to make it to Clinton County Fri & Sat and I will be exclusively using the 6' 2wt. Love the rod. I'm on TFOs pro staff. I was just curious about your thoughts on the rod. Great feedback. I work with TFO because they are one of (if not thee) best value in the industry.

Based on my brief experience with this rod, I am beginning to agree. I meant every word of what I said and I had no clue you worked for their pro staff, so take my feedback to the bank. It really is a joy to fish that little rod. Speaking of that rod, does TFO offer a 2-piece hard case for this rod that is traveler-friendly? I'm going to have to pack it in my luggage and don't trust the airlines to keep it intact to my destination without a hard case. Have a great time and let us know how you do in Clinton County!

Now, I believe I owe you all some more videos and a few more pics.

First, a shot of the general area where I was fishing. If the mountains in the background aren't a big enough clue of what I was perched upon, notice the edge of the road and how steeply it drops off: that's what you have to descend to get to the water! The brush sort of masks the contour, but trust me - it's rough and sheer.

Resized Image

Next is a shot showing just how short a distance I walked to catch all of those fish. Sure, there was a good amount of climbing in that short distance to ascend the pool ladder, but the total length of water defies any level of productivity I would've expected:

Resized Image

Here's a shot of the initial pool I descend into. Again, the branched overhang you see was the biggest obstacle and time consumer:

Resized Image

Now for the videos. The first one is a close-up of one of the trout pictured above who just refused to sit still for a pic initially. So, I kept him wet, got a good shot of him and then finally let him back into my pool so I could take him off the hook:

http://youtu.be/XX5flxK6DKw

Next is a shot of that last amazing pool where I just before I caught that biggest trout of the day. Put the video in 720p, 1080p or (if you have the bandwidth) original resolution and maximize it. If you look closely, you can see two of the fish - one larger and one smaller - in the foreground hovering in the flow:

http://youtu.be/0epfTF9fre8

Posted on: 2013/8/6 23:09

Edited by Six-Gun on 2013/8/7 0:00:00
Edited by Six-Gun on 2013/8/7 0:02:10
Edited by Six-Gun on 2013/8/7 0:06:56

From Ferguson Twp.
Nice looking country there, amazing what can grow in what looks like a rock bank. Enjoy that little stream.

Posted on: 2013/8/7 5:10

From Fairborn, OH
Thanks a lot. Hopefully, it stays prisitine and great to fish the remainder of my time out here. If the military sticks to its word, I should have another year of this to enjoy.

Posted on: 2013/8/7 10:26

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes 95% (139)
No 0% (0)
Thinking about it 4% (6)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com