Eliquis

buggerfly

buggerfly

Who else besides me finds themselves critiquing the casting of the guy in the Eliquis Commercial? Pitiful.

My wife's tired of hearing it. Drives me nuts and I'm not that great a caster. That actor sucks.

Not me..

I have enough trouble taking care of my own side of the street to waste any time judging how he handles his.

And besides, the guy may have won a bunch of awards for how well he manages his a-fib. We just don't know...

Put me down as one of those who has not critiqued it (see rrt's response) but a little miffed that now I'll probably be looking out for it now that you pointed this out. ! :-x ;-)

Definitely not" A River Runs Through It " four count stroke.GG

Sent a text message to all of my fly fishing friends the other day with the exact same thought.

1. Either find an actor who can fly cast

or,

2. Have said promoter of wonder drug drive around in a golf cart on a course.

I'm surprised it took this long for this to come up.

Well, I decided to look it up, and I frankly see no big deal.

He might not be a pretty boy like Brad Pitt, or our very own TimRobinsin, but I don't think it is as bad as some of the celebrities I've seen on TV.

And it aint like he attempted the shadow cast.

You guys have me wondering whether or not you are making fun of my fly casting behind my back.

OK, I don't wonder that at all. I don't care. Contrary to common belief, I don't actually fish to look pretty.

I had JayL (remember him?) once tell me that although my casting style was unorthodox, he enjoyed watching me cast. Maybe it was the sheer bliss of ignorance that charmed him.

I didn't realize this thread topic dealt with fly fishing when I dragged it over here from the General Forum.

I'll send it back to General shortly.
Sorry for the confusion.
DW

I think they are making fun of flyfishing. Due to his condition he can no longer fish in the ocean for Marlin, so now he can only be a flyfisher. But, with Eliquis he can still give that 100%. If not for Eliquis he would probably be sitting at home reading about other guys adventures, like I am.
Baed on their commercial, if I had afib, I'd take Xeralto.

I find myself taking Eliquis because I had a DVT and pulmonary embolisms in both lungs in August....

It drives me crazy! I can't stand watching golf and tennis movies either where the actor's swings suck (wimbledon, legend of bagger Vance, etc). It just stands out so much that its a distraction. I rewound and complained about that commercial three times before my wife took the remote away.

I havent seen the commercial yet.

Found a link online for others who havent seen it either - https://www.ispot.tv/ad/AMeG/eliquis-fisherman

Sloppy loops fer daiz.

JackM wrote:
I had JayL (remember him?) once tell me that although my casting style was unorthodox, he enjoyed watching me cast. Maybe it was the sheer bliss of ignorance that charmed him.

That guy still casts better then Jack :p

This commercial will more then likely bring new people to the sport though

Patrick,
Did your casting devolve while on the meds?

While not critiquing his casting, I thought of a great promotion. One free fly with every Eliquis prescription dispensed

KGStine wrote:
Due to his condition he can no longer fish in the ocean for Marlin, so now he can only be a flyfisher.

Yeah, he's too feeble to sit in a boat, but he wade large western rivers just fine.

The fact that he is an admitted newbie to fly fishing excuses his poor casting, however.

KeithS wrote:
Patrick,
Did your casting devolve while on the meds?

Nope, casting pretty well. :-D Avoided getting stuck by any hooks the 1st 2 weeks while I was on the high dose though.

If the fish were feeding on a line/leader connection, he was delivering it perfectly. Not sure he could turnover a 7' leader. He needs to work with Hank, snap it, snap it

Back