Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

E fishing License available soon
From Chester County
Article about the PFBC setting up paperless license using your cell phone here.

Posted on: 2/28 7:20

Re: E fishing License available soon

From Pittsburgh/Brookville
So hopefully this will do away with the antiquated regulation of having to display your paper license or button?

Posted on: 2/28 7:58

From Lancaster County
Quote:

timbow wrote:
So hopefully this will do away with the antiquated regulation of having to display your paper license or button?

The article doesn't say anything about the display issue. The smartphone portion will provide a "proof-of-purchase", but it doesn't say if the display side will go away.

There is a request for comments for the display issue on the PFBC website. I had mistakenly assumed it went into effect, based on some prior discussion I think on this site, so I may or may not have had my license displayed the couple of times I fished this year. It may be that the reason there was not immediate action on the proposal is that the PFBC was waiting for vendor responses for a platform to use and with the timelines that government procurement takes, the display requirement won't go away until 2019.

Posted on: 2/28 8:19

From Berks County & Benton PA
Time to do away with displaying your fishing license. Game Commission went with that a few years ago and made a lot of sense.

Ron

Posted on: 2/28 9:06

From Hermitage
I was fishing on the DePuy creek outside Livingston Montana with my son when a fella came up to me and asked if I was from Pa. I must of looked surprised when he pointed to my fishing license pinned on my vest.lol He was originally from Pitts.

Posted on: 2/28 9:38

From Clearville Pa
im a rebel and a law breaker because i havent displayed me license in years

Posted on: 2/28 11:34

From Dispositionally, one mile south of Lake LeBoeuf
Great... Now the Russians are going to know exactly where we all fish...:)

Posted on: 2/28 14:14

From Reedsville
Because I buy mine online, I print multiple copies (usually on earth-toned paper) and put one in all of my fishing clothing and one in my truck.
I don't display mine much of the time, but I always have it on me.

Posted on: 2/28 14:38

From Pittsburgh
How long does it usually take for the button to arrive? I bought my 2018 license over a month ago.

Posted on: 2/28 15:18

From Erie Co.
"im a rebel and a law breaker because i havent displayed me license in years"

+1

Posted on: 2/28 16:34

From Philadelphia, PA
I always have mine pinned on my vest. It's just habit. When I fish in another state I just fold the one I've printed out and put it in front of my PA license. Even if they do away with the requirement, I'll still have it displayed on my vest.

Posted on: 2/28 19:59

From Burke VA
Quote:

CRB wrote:
"im a rebel and a law breaker because i havent displayed me license in years"

+1

Yup, me too.

Posted on: 2/28 20:21

From Granville
But if that's the case what is nearly every male in Mifflin County supposed to wear on his hat everywhere that he goes?

I never display my license but always have it tucked in my chest pack. The only times I've ever been checked are catfishing the river at a public launch and walleye fishing in the Juniata just down from my house. Once Autumn sets in the PFBC drive past my house nearly every day probably because they have nothing better to do. They are also stationed out of Newville and driving and SUV......talk about efficient spending.

On a different note I always buy a button and pin it to my chest pack but I've never made it through a full year without losing it..

Posted on: 3/1 6:48

From Indiana county
Why would you not want to display your license? I for one would rather have a wco see my license from their truck with binoculars rather that have them approach me and make me stop what I am doing to pull it out then get scolded like a school boy for not having it displayed. Especially depending on how much I've been drinking....

Posted on: 3/2 18:39

From Pittsburgh
Quote:

dudemanspecial wrote:
Why would you not want to display your license? I for one would rather have a wco see my license from their truck with binoculars rather that have them approach me and make me stop what I am doing to pull it out then get scolded like a school boy for not having it displayed. Especially depending on how much I've been drinking....

Displaying is a bit of a pain IMO.
Especially when it's raining - and you're constantly putting a raincoat on and off. Have to keep constantly repinning it?

I've also lost several licenses, that just somehow came unpinned from the back of my vest - without knowing

Posted on: 3/2 20:38

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Sponsors
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

USGS Water Levels
Polls
Do You Have or Will You Obtain Multiple State Fishing License’s for 2018?
Yes 68% (64)
No 31% (29)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2018/7/20 10:51
5 Comments

Copyright 2018 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com