Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: E fishing License available soon

From West Chester,PA
Off topic,but I feel like venting,because I'm dieting and feeling grouchy:)
I was once hunting geese in South Jersey in the late 90s from a lay out blind.It stated to rain real hard and I slipped on my rain jacket.
The game warden was at my side in 10 minutes and ticketed me for "not displaying my license",even after I explained what I just obviously had done ,without realizing I was covering up my license.
I showed him the license and he just kept on writing and handed me a citation.

Posted on: 3/2 20:53

From Pittsburgh
Quote:

AFISHN wrote:
I was once hunting geese in South Jersey in the late 90s from a lay out blind.It stated to rain real hard and I slipped on my rain jacket.
The game warden was at my side in 10 minutes and ticketed me for "not displaying my license",even after I explained what I just obviously had done ,without realizing I was covering up my license.

That was one tough warden Tom.

I know of at least one time fishing- it was on the little juniata - where I did the same thing. And a WCO happened by. When I told him the license was on my vest under the raincoat, he just had my lift the back of the raincoat up briefly while he checked - and let it go at that.

Posted on: 3/2 21:12

From Dallastown, PA
Quote:

dryflyguy wrote:
Quote:

AFISHN wrote:

I know of at least one time fishing- it was on the little juniata - where I did the same thing. And a WCO happened by. When I told him the license was on my vest under the raincoat, he just had my lift the back of the raincoat up briefly while he checked - and let it go at that.

WCO Walt Rosser was a Gem

Posted on: 3/2 22:06

From Pittsburgh
Quote:

Maurice wrote:
Quote:

dryflyguy wrote:
Quote:

AFISHN wrote:

WCO Walt Rosser was a Gem

If your talking about the old WCO that everyone referred to as "Rosie" - yeah, I believe that's who it was. That happened quite a while ago

Posted on: 3/3 9:27

Me too, or either. Whatever. It's not by intent. well, sometimes it is. When it's a ba-jillion degrees and I'm in my kayak for 6 or 8 hours in the sun, I don't want some piece of plastic on my hat, my shirt, nothing. I have it WITH me or i have a picture on my cell phone, but Im' not hanging a 3X3 chunk of plastic on my anywhere if I can help it.
Plus, it can and has snagged in equipment, rain coats an fly line.

As Dana Carvey said as G.H.W. Bush: "Nope. Not gonna do it."

Syl

Posted on: 3/3 11:04

From Landenberg, PA
i print two copies on hunter blaze orange paper and pin it in a water proof sleeve on my ball cap.

it saves digging under my wading jacket for it mid river - our local DCW guy Ed carries binoculars so he can read them from the bank.

i keep and collect mine. i have about 30 from various years, states and countries. when i have about 50 i am going to epoxy them into my fly tying desk.

Posted on: 3/3 11:38

From florida
A micro chip license, have yours inserted today only $99.99. GG

Posted on: 3/4 10:35

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Sponsors
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

USGS Water Levels
The New Keystone Fly Fishing Book
Polls
Where do you most want to fly fish outside the region?
Western US 39% (31)
Alaska 10% (8)
New Zealand 32% (26)
Florida Keys 3% (3)
South America 6% (5)
Elsewhere 7% (6)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2018/3/17 12:44
6 Comments

Copyright 2018 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com