Drift Boat Help

P

Paraleptalata

Fellas,
Can anyone advise me on where to find a used or new drift boat in the Mid-Atlantic region. I live in PA and am very interested in a boat but am having trouble finding info. I know about clack, RO, Adipose, lavro, hyde, etc websites but everything is out west. I would like to look at some and am interested in purchasing. Thanks in advance.
PARA

Check craigslist or similar in the delaware region

Consider a raft. I built a drift boat after careful consideration, and a lot of info from friends of mine from the Williamsport area that are now guides in MT. As a matter of fact my buddy has owned boats and prefers a raft. First off they are a bit cheaper and draft less water.(which is important for our PA summer lows) They are lighter. I put in and take out in a lot of places that don't have easy access let alone a launch facility! I do keep mine inflated year round, and on a 4'x8' trailer. Get a boat with a inflatable self bailing floor and you won't get anymore wet than in a standard drift boat. Actually all the water that might come in goes right back out.

I picked up a last season 13' Saturn raft, and equipped it with a custom NRS set-up. I picked the raft up in VA for $1200 in great shape, and put about $1900 NRS package in it. (I did get a retailer discount, so I saved about $500.) The best part is when the creeks are blown out; we pull the frame and hit the white water!

Good luck to ya.

Very few places they are useful in PA. Don't like them for the delaware.

I have a 1448 Alumacraft Jon boat that I drift in. It also has a 30/20 merc jet, trolling motor trailer and all the fixings I’m looking to sell.
Buffalo

Thanks for the info. I have a raft already and am considering another but a drifter would be nice for smallies and taking on trips. Thanks again. I'll keep checking craigslist.
PARA

Catchingchrome on this site had a really nice Clacka or Hyde for a really attractive price. Probably already sold.

Watch Craigslist and check with the shops around Catskills. I know a couple of folks that have picked them up pretty cheap around that area, one was a couple weeks ago. Salmon River area may be another place to look. And Michigan as mentioned.

Hyde is having a heck of a sale right now. Don't know how much shipping to the east coast would run ya.

Catching Chrome's boat is sold to CCAS, it is going to stay in our fleet plus we are driving out to pick up Pete's new Clacka in the Spring (reason for a western swing!...:)

Nonetheless, I'd scour all of Craigs List - there are boats around in PA/NY/NJ but they are tough to find. You can get some great deals out west on some real nice crafts - plus it gives you a reason for a roadie!..:)

Best of luck, if we hear anything we'll give ya a shout...

Hi There,

I have a 16 foot Fishcraft raft and custom trailer that I was thinking about selling. Great boat for the Delaware. Pictures attached.

Attachments

• raft.jpg
    raft.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 6
Bowmans,

Hey I am interested. Please PM more info and price. Thanks

Chrome,

Thanks, I was just out a week ago for a 14 day trip. Definitely good deals but was not set up for the tow home. We were loaded pretty full and had a raft on the back.

Cool. I need to pull out the receipts and figure out how much it all cost me. Will get back to you late tomorrow. Here are some additional pictures.

Attachments

• raft2.jpg
    raft2.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 6
  • raft 3.jpg
    raft 3.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 4
  • raft 4.jpg
    raft 4.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 5
  • raft 5.jpg
    raft 5.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 6
There is usually turnover each year with boats from the upper D region. Give a few of the shops a call. Though I am sure you will be paying top dollar for a used rig from up that way. Otherwise give some of the major (hyde/clack) manufacturers a call and see if they have heard of any used boats here on the east coast (maybe the NC/TN area) that are for sale. I have been part of two used drift boat transactions here on the east coast where clack out in ID has provided intel. Or see if any of manufacturers are coming east for the shows this winter. That way they could potentially bring a boat east for you, and maybe that will cut down on the shipping. Worth a shot. Good luck!

Back