Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Do You Fish With Your Spouse

From North east ,Maryland
I kept the rod an reel. Waders are small, boots size 5 womens. Chest pack, all other stuff ;confiscated. Got her a metal detector, she likes it But i do the digging. maybe the wadders and boots i'll keep for my grandaughter.

Posted on: 2013/11/14 17:42

From Erie Co.
yes, And we go about once week till the chill. I even need to replace her waders this spring. Hard to scope out new spots as she likes to be close to the car and not alone. She will wade out far too. She has been up to her waist in the tail waters of Allegheny River.

Posted on: 2013/11/14 17:48

From Schuylkill County
No, never have, and after 30 years it's unlikely I will

Maybe 25 years ago she took fly tying classes with me, my plan being she would tie flies and I would fish them. That never worked out.

Now after 10+ years with my camper/cabin at Hemlock Acres, she still hasn't been there and doesn't know where it is.

But that's how we roll.....

Posted on: 2013/11/14 18:28
if you look at it right...

From Hunker
Well, my wife shops while I fish, however... During Spring, early summer when a huge grannom/Sulfur/ or drake hatch is happening, then she will fish. I don't like to admit it, but she caught more fish than I did trying to be all technical fishing the sulfur hatch on the Little J with dries, while she caught fish after fish on a pheasant tail! So other than the big hatch, she's shoppin .

Posted on: 2013/11/15 2:27
"Ours is the grandest sport. It is an intriguing battle of wits between an angler and a trout; and in addition to appreciating the tradition and grace of the game, we play it in the magnificent out-of-doors."
~ Ernest G. Schwiebert, Jr.

From Stevens to Twenty mile
Yes , we met in Montana during a fly fishing seminar, fishing trip. She usualy out fishes me.

Posted on: 2013/11/15 6:31

Yes.. actually our first date was a fishing trip. Over a decade ago when I finally decided I would date again after a long first marrige I figured I was not going to even consider dating a women who did not enjoy the outdoors and fishing. I meet my wonderful wife and we have know had over 12 years together. I proposed to her during a trip to a fishing lodge in Canada. She does not fish nearly as much as I but well take a few trips to the stream with me and has joined me on a number of guided trips in FL. She can hold her owm with a spinning rod or fly rod.

Bill A

Posted on: 2013/11/15 7:42

From Cato, NY
A couple times a year the wife will fish with me. The conditions have to be warm and comfortable with dryfly action. The past 3 years I have taken her to the Delaware to try and catch a nice fish on top and every time conditions have been horrible....wind, cold, rain...perfect for me but terrible for her now she never wants to go to camp, some may find that a blessing and sometimes I do but i just want her to experience that first take on the Delaware.

Posted on: 2013/11/15 8:42

From Media Pa
Quote:

lv2nymph wrote:
When we were dating, yes. ( even have the pic to prove it )
Now that we're married no, no longer interested.

The same is true for a lot of things we do that curtail a bit after the wedding

Posted on: 2013/11/15 9:53

From Glendora nj
Fishing together never, when she goes out I captain the boat the mate gets them all set up. She has gone trout fishing with me twice and hooked my leg on the second trip I think cocktails were involved that day. Saltwater fishing we have placed top 3 in the past 5 years in the women's inventational. Again a lot of cocktails involved all tourny. Her biggest fish was a 291 pound mako last year.

Posted on: 2013/11/15 14:25

From NE OH
Quote:

fadeaway263 wrote:
Quote:

lv2nymph wrote:
When we were dating, yes. ( even have the pic to prove it )
Now that we're married no, no longer interested.

The same is true for a lot of things we do that curtail a bit after the wedding

What could you possibly be referring to?

Posted on: 2013/11/15 14:37

From Ephrata, PA
sex

Posted on: 2013/11/15 14:51

From Enola, PA
My wife is more of a warm water fisher. we have a place on the Juniata River and she loves to float in her kayak and toss rubber worms or rooster tails for bass. She doesnt want to learn to fly fish even though she admitted she had fun catching bluegill on foam poppers one day. I am fine either way, if she wants to learn I'll teach her and if not i will just keep buying her rubber worms. Fishing is fishing as far as i am concerned.

Posted on: 2013/11/15 15:08

uhh...nevermind

From Ransom, Pennsylvania
I'm still hopelessly single, so I guess that would be a no for me.

Posted on: 2013/11/15 16:50

From Attitudinally, one mile south of Lake LeBoeuf
My wife fished with me a fair amount while we were courting in the mid-90's. We once almost precipitated a riot on the Delayed Harvest section of the North Mills River near Asheville, NC. The fish were only stocked the week before and were sitting in clusters in the deepest parts of the pools. I tied a wine colored San Juan worm on her leader and taught her how to swing it down through the fish and when to lift the rod and hit them. She caught like 15 fish on 19 casts or some such. There were a lot of guys there that day and pretty soon, we had a gallery and they weren't all admirers. Nobody else was catching much to speak of and there was a lot of grumbling and dark mumblings. I'm not sure, but they may have been considering drowning us. I got out of the water and went up on the bank and started handing out San Juan worms until they all went away. Luckily, I had about 30 of them. I never leave home without at least two dozen of everything in my vest..

She also caught an 18" brown on a green weenie out of the section of Fishing Creek below the Tylersville Station. She has quick athlete-caliber reflexes (a helluva softball player in her day..) for this sort of stuff and it was easy to teach her.

But she hasn't fished with me in probably 12 years or about 4 years after we got married. But she's retiring at the end of next Summer and I'm sure we'll be fishing a good deal together once that happens. She'll mostly want to go out in a little boat on some of the small lakes in NW Pa and fling McGinty wooly worms for bluegills. She really likes that.

That'll work out because she'll have little interest in following me around on small trout streams and medium size smallmouth streams. So, I'll still get my solitude and also spend time fishing with her. Best of both worlds...

Posted on: 2013/11/15 17:42

From Harrisburg
Dear fade,

I'm not married but I might as well be. My, as you folks put it, "common law" wife fishes with me often.

Mostly we fish out of my boat on local lakes and rarely do I fly fish when we are out in the boat, but she pretty much can take care of herself when we fish.

She enjoys fishing but not in the way that I do. For me it's pretty much all about catching something. For her it's a day away from work and the house. Typically she doesn't care if she catches anything, unless I am very successful, and then her Sicilian kicks in and she gets pissed off, and pouts, and does her best to ruin my day.

I've taught her how to flycast and she is as good as many people I see on stream, but she hasn't stepped up and left the yard with a fly rod.

She is a fearless wader though. She'll go anywhere she wants to go without regard to whether she comes back. We were fishing on the Susquehanna in late September when she decided she wanted to just go a little farther out and maybe she'd have more luck? She kept going until she was out around an island and wasn't sure how to get back.

I told her to figure it out on your own and she did, but not without a slip and fall and a wader fill up. She wasn't even mad at me when I reminded her that she shouldn't go anywhere she didn't know how to leave. We drained her waders and we hit a couple more spots that day.

Like I said, she isn't a fly fisher yet, but here's she is with a nice smallie she caught.

photo P9140143_zps06db614a.jpg

She's a real trooper!

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Posted on: 2013/11/16 1:37
"Then the coal company came with the world's largest shovel, and they tortured the timber and stripped all the land. Well they dug for their coal till the land was forsaken, then they wrote it all down as the progress of man."

« 1 (2) 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes 95% (139)
No 0% (0)
Thinking about it 4% (6)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com