Diesel Spill on Lititz Run

J

JeffP

Did anyone see anything about this? They didn't say anything about dead fish but its pretty scary. Jeff

I hope DEP & FBC are going to do a survey of the stream. A lot of work has gone into that stream over the years.

And Am I just being mean, or did the DEP spokesperson sound a little "unimpressive" with regard to the stream?

Ahhh geez. Wonder how tightly clenched Sal and Spectorfly's fists are?
Right when theres probably some eggs trying to develop which are just a tad more vulnerable than the nursery fish.

excuse my language.....jesus christ! when will the abuse to this stream stop. it was just becoming a powerhouse here in lancaster county.
the shame of it is the donegal trout unlimited had a study going on below the open stocked water. theplaced alot of brown trout fingerlings in the stream to see if they would survive. now what will the data show....they cant because of the stream or this? here is a link to that study:study

either way this stream could be really good if we stop abusing it :-(

I feel for you Sal, But as bad as it is I would consider yourself lucky stream-wise. I believe the majority of the diesel will have stayed above and even what made it ahead of the booms should dilute. 50 gallons is bad but not catastrophic. It sounds like the stream has enough friends to make sure it gets the TLC it'll need to recover. It is a shame about the study. As bad as it is, I'd have taken 50 gal. of diesel over what got dumped into Sinnemahoning-Portage creek last year.

I loved the reply to the comment about the square sticking out too far..."its been there for 120 years...I hope this guy has good liability insurance. He's gonna need it and a lawyer.

Back