Deerfield River, MA - Float Trip below Fife Brook Dam

Luke

Luke

Heading to the Berkshires in mid-August for a family vacation. I am considering a guided float trip down the Deefield River in section below Fife Brook Dam. Does anyone have any experiences in this area that they can share?

It looks like the water temps are okay here throughout the summer due to bottom releases.

I have never done a float trip before.

There are three area guides that I am considering:

* Harrison Anglers (Northfield, MA)
* Pheasant Tail Tours (Colrain, MA)
* Berkshires Rivers Fly Fishing (Lee, MA)

I would welcome any constructive input, guide suggestions, or shared experiences from fishing this area of Mass.

I live in Massachusetts now and the Deerfield is a well regarded fishery. There are some nice trout in there. I have had friends who speak highly of Harrison Anglers. I dont know the other guides. The Swift River is decent in Western MA as well.

I would also encourage you to look in Connecticut at the Housatonic for Smallies and the West Branch of the Farmington for trout. Both excellent tailwaters, but the Housy warms in the summer so its pretty much smallmouth in August..

Tight lines.

Pghtrouthunter,

Thanks. I have been looking also at the West Branch of the Farmington, but I may just be too cheap to buy yet a third fishing license! But seriously I am just rather intrigued by the idea of a float trip as I have never before had the opportunity to do that.

Back