Dan (aka Squaretail) sighting.....

krayfish2

krayfish2

I remember posting something like this before and it didn't pan out well for me. Lol. I read a thread or two where people were asking what happened to Dan. I ran into him yesterday.

Thanks for the post. If you see him again, please tell him Canoetripper said hello.

So he is alive! Thank god I was worried about the guy.
Maybe I'll make a trip out there to say hello sometime.
Sure I could find something to buy while I'm out there too

Poor Dan Squaretail! He might not have wanted to be found!

Can I come visit some of you guys at work? Maybe I'll just drop in and surprise you. Anybody?

Fox, if you came down to Virginia and didnt stop by my work I would be offended :)

foxtrapper1972 wrote:
Poor Dan Squaretail! He might not have wanted to be found!

Can I come visit some of you guys at work? Maybe I'll just drop in and surprise you. Anybody?
Absolutely! Any time. You would not be the first PAFFer to do so! My church office is right on main st in Mount Joy ;-)

I'm sure Dan wouldn't mind pa fly fishers coming to his job and spending money there.
Might get him a raise if there are enough :lol:

Great to hear!

Fox, sure! Cept I can't get you through the door unless you have a business reason to be there and sign an nda

Fox, I really wouldn't care as long as you behaved yourself.

As far as Squaretail goes, heck of a nice guy.

He'd be welcome on my farm anytime.

Feeling loved. :)

Good luck Dan Squaretail. I've never met you but you must be a heck of a nice guy. (Do PAFF people get a discount?)

Agreed - great guy to hang out with.

Great Guy and great Fisherman.

Attachments

• SquareTail Memory.JPG
    SquareTail Memory.JPG
    241.9 KB · Views: 5
I love his dogs, Chick and Lucy.

Oftentimes when I was out fishing somewhere I'd see two cute little white pups heading my way and I knew ST was close behind and it was going to be a fun day on the water.

I miss his posts. He was one of the most modest fishermen I ever met . He reallyl could catch fish and knew the spots like the back of his hand. The dogs were a treat. Talk about loyalty that ran both ways. If anyone sees him tell him I said"Hi" GG

I'm mildly offended that there isn't the same love for Kramer the incredible fishing dog. It's not like he's that annoying. RIGHT

Squaretail's dog's are named Chickie and Lucy. Chickie is the mother and Lucy was one of the puppies from the litter. Squaretail's friend, Jeff, had another puppy from that litter, a male named Arlo. The dogs are Jack Russel Terriors and full of energy. Jeff is also a great guy and talented fly fisherman.

I see Dan all the time. We fish as frequent as possible. And watch the shitty eagles throw away the year. He's doing fine. I will let him know others are wondering about him. Although like fox trapper said I'm not sure he wanted his place of work blasted on the internet. Probably not the best way to go about it

NOTE: After some consideration, I have opted to edit this thread removing the site of his employment.

Like many of you, I've chatted with Dan at his work location recently and we have discussed PAFF. If he wants to post about his work location and update us on his fishing etc., that's up to him. While we like him and wish him well, its probably better to discuss his location privately.
Thanks,
Dave

It's hell to be a public figure like Dan.

Back