Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Conservation Science or Pennsylvania Politics

From Dispositionally, one mile south of Lake LeBoeuf
This situation largely exist because entrenched incumbency has emboldened certain members of the PA legislature to engage in these petty and retributive actions. One round of "vote em out" isn't going to do much. It's a little like washing a big ink stain out of a white shirt. You can get a start on it with a single wash, but it going to take multiple cycles to get your shirt back to being wearable..

It is going to take constant scrutiny and engagement on the part of concerned voters to ever change anything in these sort of situations. And if there is one thing that we have a pretty spotty record on it is taking time out of our allegedly busy lives to actually participate in the care and feeding of our democracy.

I'm not real optimistic...

Posted on: 3/8 17:31

From lancaster county
^that

Posted on: 3/8 18:57

I am an Arway fan.

Having said that, I spoke directly with my rep, who is a good one IMO, today and was told that Mr. Arway did "throw down the gauntlet" by saying "We know who our friends are" when he and the FBC decided which hatcheries to close. I fear this comment is going to cost him dearly and is going to affect the tenure of future Ex. Directors of the PFBC. It really is a shame when you think of all the good things he has done and his tireless efforts to place the commission on a sound financial footing.

Anyhow, since his saying what he is reported to have said appears to be true, I'm afraid that RLeep's post 16 is oh so true.

This is truly a sad, sad situation.

Posted on: 3/8 21:16

"We know who our friends are" Innaccurate quote. Don’t believe everything you read in newspapers. We have legislative supporters but not sure we have true friends. “Friends come and friends go, but a true friend sticks by you like family.” Proverbs 18:24

Posted on: 3/8 22:23

From Brickerville
These antics by the legislature are disgusting. I will be sure to give my local reps an ear full.

Posted on: 3/9 7:09

F Tales,

This quote came directly from my rep. I hope you are right and that Arway did not say it.

But, if he said anything close, he was foolishly asking for trouble.

Anyhow, I still admire Arway and the things he accomplished and tried to accomplish. I hope Gillespie's legislation does not pass. I think we would be losing a good man if Arway would be forced out.

Again I say: Sad, so sad.

Posted on: 3/9 16:04

From Monessen, PA
FT is JA. That said, you speak words of steel. Politics is not pretty and it behooves one to try to understand it and work within it or else go down a martyr, leaving the politics to those we most want to change.

Posted on: 3/9 16:26

-- Me

From SE Pennsylvania
On 3/13/18 SB 935 passed out of the House Game and Fisheries Committee and moved to the House floor where it was tabled the same day.

Posted on: 3/15 20:44

From Dallastown, PA
RRT, FishTales is Mr Arway. You speaking to the horses mouth.

Posted on: 3/15 21:25

From Southeastern Pa
It’s not enough to just email legislators. It’s necessary, but not enough.

We must tell everyone we know. Tirelessly.

If this goes down these reps needs to be exposed. Not only for their obvious pettiness, but for just how ignorant they are of the great work Mr. Arway has done.

Posted on: 3/15 21:30

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Sponsors
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

USGS Water Levels
Polls
Do You Have or Will You Obtain Multiple State Fishing License’s for 2018?
Yes 68% (64)
No 31% (29)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2018/7/20 10:51
5 Comments

Copyright 2018 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com