HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Confused about seasons

From NE OH
Quote:

geebee wrote:
the things i like about winter fishing are the late starts after a hearty breakfast and the fact that every single fish is precious. every one is a bonus.

hot sweet tea back in the van with the heater on and watching the snow fall is pretty special too.

especially with a wee nip of Jamesons in it.

All of what he said!

Posted on: 2013/10/23 16:19

From Ferguson Twp.
Quote:

PatrickC wrote:
Quote:

geebee wrote:
the things i like about winter fishing are the late starts after a hearty breakfast and the fact that every single fish is precious. every one is a bonus.

hot sweet tea back in the van with the heater on and watching the snow fall is pretty special too.

especially with a wee nip of Jamesons in it.

All of what he said!

100% agree! You're making me want it now...

Posted on: 2013/10/24 6:57

From Couldn't Care Less
Last year was my first winter fishing. I remember being out in Dec with an easy snowfall and there was just something very peaceful about it even tho I was on a creek that is so often a zoo.

Explored a brookie creek in the Poconos in Jan after a snow and that was a complete disaster, beautiful, but a disaster none the less due to my map reading skills and access points .. amongst a host of other issues.

Posted on: 2013/10/24 8:56

From Da 'Berg, PA
yeah, winter is not the time to scout. i do that in the summer when its too hot to fish.

In the winter, i never leave the car without a handheld GPS AND my 'phone, plus my torch and a firestarter knife. The car always has a towel, dry clothes, a medivac blanket, torch, shovel etc. in it all winter plus plenty of gas.

another advantage of winter fishing is that the streamside vines/thorns can be navigated more easliy opening up pools that may not have seen a fly all year - and as pointed out on various letort threads, those streams with sodden boggy banks become hard as rock come December.

It's also cool to see the animal tracks in the woods and on the banks and for your footprints to be the only ones on the way back.

Posted on: 2013/10/24 17:24

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes
No
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com