Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 ... 8 »

Competition Fishers here?

From York, PA
I know this is a controversial topic, and Im really not interested in hearing why it is or isn't good for flyfishing etc. BUT I am somewhat interested in the concept and was wondering if anyone on this forum has been or is a competition fly fisher. Also wondered if there are any competitions that exist in misstate or SC pa that I could go observe. Thanks for any relevant info!

Posted on: 2013/7/17 13:25

Re: Competition Fishers here?
From Monessen, PA
I am not, or should I have kept quiet.

Posted on: 2013/7/17 13:27

From NE OH
We have an actual champion around here somewhere, or should I have kept quiet? C'mon Shane, let's hear it!

Posted on: 2013/7/17 13:37

put fish in bucket
dump bucket in stream
catch fish the next day
pat self on back

FLY FISHING CHAMPION!!!!

Posted on: 2013/7/17 14:09

From Delaware River
I want to get into it. I guess for me it's just signing up for a competition I can make it to. Shane would probably explain everything better so I'll leave it to him. But if you really want to get an idea go over to the Trout Legend League website. There you can sign up for competitions, etc.

Posted on: 2013/7/17 14:19

From Along the Lehigh Above the Gap
Check out Trout Legend. Guys are really helpful just as here. There will be a list of comps that are scheduled to be taking place. There is one on Spring this weekend. Also, knowing where you live there will be a few coming up in the winter. Yellow Breeches comes to mind. They usually involve stream clean ups as well.

Posted on: 2013/7/17 15:49

http://bugflingerandfeatherlasher.blogspot.com/

From NE OH
Quote:

SBecker wrote:
Check out Trout Legend. Guys are really helpful just as here. There will be a list of comps that are scheduled to be taking place. There is one on Spring this weekend. Also, knowing where you live there will be a few coming up in the winter. Yellow Breeches comes to mind. They usually involve stream clean ups as well.

I want to commend Shane for not answering to the negative post. Good for you. You are growing up in your old age

Posted on: 2013/7/17 16:00

From Mount Joy, PA
PhilC is the actual champion. He carried Shane from what I gather....

Posted on: 2013/7/17 16:02

From NE OH
Quote:

wgmiller wrote:
PhilC is the actual champion. He carried Shane from what I gather....

Why didn't you work "fully endorsed" into that somewhere? That would have been funny

Posted on: 2013/7/17 16:09

From York, PA
Are these generally open to anyone or are they bound to a few folks who are on a "circuit"? I'd like to maybe consider fishing one of these just for fun , and because I'm incredibly competitive.

Posted on: 2013/7/17 16:28

From Along the Lehigh Above the Gap
Open to anyone. You just have to sign up for one before it fills up.

Posted on: 2013/7/17 16:33

http://bugflingerandfeatherlasher.blogspot.com/

I'm with Jack and Slum... on this one.

No, Jack, you should not have kept quiet about this one.

Posted on: 2013/7/17 16:43

From King Of Prussia, Pa
Quote:

sipe wrote:
Are these generally open to anyone or are they bound to a few folks who are on a "circuit"? I'd like to maybe consider fishing one of these just for fun , and because I'm incredibly competitive.

As long as you have the registration fee, they'll be happy to let you partake.

In fact, if a bunch of you would like to give me money, I'd be happy to let you compete amongst yourselves for a percentage of that money.

Posted on: 2013/7/17 16:52

From Carlisle PA
Don't forget to get a NASCAR jumpsuit with all the silly endorsement patches! IMHO, which probably doesn't mean sh*t to "competative fly fisherman" It should be illegal. A sport "Really?"

Posted on: 2013/7/17 18:03

From SEPA
Quote:

joebamboo wrote:
Don't forget to get a NASCAR jumpsuit with all the silly endorsement patches! IMHO, which probably doesn't mean sh*t to "competative fly fisherman" It should be illegal. A sport "Really?"

Excuse me stewardess, I speak Crotchety Old Man.

He's saying that he finds the entire idea of turning a pastoral, relaxing sport into a competition to be a sad commentary on the state of things, and that those who partake in it are basically missing the whole point.

Posted on: 2013/7/17 18:22

(1) 2 3 4 ... 8 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com