Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Classes at Little Lehigh Fly Shop

From Lehigh Valley, PA
The folks at the Little Lehigh Fly Shop offer an introductory series of classes on fly fishing. Does anyone know if these are worthwhile?

Posted on: 2007/2/4 11:17

Re: Classes at Little Lehigh Fly Shop

just my $.20...
the 3-4 times i was in the shop Rod was less than personable. he overcharged me for a rod from versitex, wouldn't return my emails, and finially returned my 3rd phone call, after i laid into who ever answered the shop phone. he told me there was a price chance that wasn't updated on the internet, (and still hasn't been in over 2 years since... hhhmmmm) he did make good on it in the end. perhaps he's a good guy, and my experiences were flukes, but i won't spend another dime there.

Posted on: 2007/2/4 17:48

Re: Classes at Little Lehigh Fly Shop

From Lehigh Valley
Ian - In answer to your question, I do feel they are very worthwhile. The course content was based on the teachings of Gary Borger. Rod does his best to see to it that his students learn what is being presented well, and I've seen him give a student that was having difficulty mastering certain skills an extra session (sometimes several) at no charge. Scheduling lessons at the mutual agreement of both parties is a nice way to ensure you don't miss a session, as you would in a group class.
In answer to trico's comments, well, lets just say that I don't always see eye to eye with Rod, but we've just agreed to disagree at times. He sometimes doesn't come across as "warm and fuzzy", but he can teach you a lot about fly fishing. If you take the time to get to know him, he is a good guy, and I consider him a friend. YMMV..........Ed

Posted on: 2007/2/4 21:31

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com