Class "A" wild browns and one nice brookie...

NJAngler

NJAngler

9bcc588d.jpg

6a07b8e6.jpg

f21e0cb3.jpg

348bb385.jpg

9b178dc3.jpg

70b48106.jpg

8b02f0b7.jpg

Love the color on that second brown! Awesome pics.

Northeast Pa. Sorry if that's too vague but I'm being cautious. Not that I'm afraid of spot burning but there are those who prefer anglers give no specifics. i've given two - Class "A"/NePa - already and for some that's enough(or so i hope).

I'm a spin fisherman most of the time but lately I've been reading about tremendous hatches due to our warm winter so i gave ff a shot for just the 3rd time this year. It was frustrating to say the least in the beginning as I saw nothing rising despite caddis fluttering about everywhere. Then just past noon, light cahills, large sulphurs and a few march brown duns were showing up. they would literally stand on the water and then try to take off. thats when they got torpedoed by the trout. i didn't have a perfect match so threw anything light or pale colored. the best fly turned out to be the old reliable size 12 adams dry. the best spot was a below a long riffle. there was only an ever so slight dropoff with nearby overhanging branch. although the water was barely a foot or two deep, there were lined up there. i didn't move for an hour getting 7 trout and a dozen or so swipes. there was a pecking order too as the smallest brown(about 6") was outside the main 'food' line and the largest brown was up front in the best seat in the house. i'm still a below avg ff at best but when trout r that aggressive, all u have to do is just not fall in while getting into position and you'll do fine. lol.

NJAngler wrote:
Northeast Pa. Sorry if that's too vague but I'm being cautious. Not that I'm afraid of spot burning but there are those who prefer anglers give no specifics. i've given two - Class "A"/NePa - already and for some that's enough(or so i hope).

This is fine - you're under no obligation to announce where you fish. Only in the Stream Reports forum do we request the name of the stream, county, and date.

No doubt - some beautiful pics. That brookie is especially nice: great color and body shape.

Superb fish. All of them. That stream must be the picture of health, to keep them in that condition.

Be as vague as you want. I'd be vague too.

Back