HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Christmas Brookies

From Burke VA
Quote:

salvelinus wrote:
We've covered this before, unfortunately. At least he's down to seven from thirty eight. Although if he'd caught more I'm sure there would be pics of them all.

Oh boy....

Posted on: 12/26 20:25

From Burke VA
I forgot about that thread, captain native!

Posted on: 12/26 20:31

From Morgantown, PA
Ease up salvelinus. If they’re not battered and fried with their heads sticking out of a McDonald’s fry container it really can’t be that bad. (Though those would have been the perfect size for that.)

Streams iced over in Germania already I assume. Ragging on a guy for actually fishing in this cold and having some fun, catching some Brookies and sharing it on here, and it leading to some good discussion on Brookies and their coloration is kinda like walking into The Waldheim and asking for a filet in a port mushroom reduction paired with a bottle of Napa 1978 Reserve. You just shouldn’t do it. And if you do, you should expect a certain response. Better to stick with the cheeseburger sub and a Busch Light.

And yes Ryan...that was a heck of a thread. Thread of the year nominee for sure.

Posted on: 12/26 20:44

Sorry to be the curmudgeon here, but pictures of fragile guppies that should be released as soon as possible...........

Posted on: 12/26 21:01

From E-Town and Germania
I see questionable fish pictures on here constantly. I once asked Mike Kauffman about pictures on here and his reply was, to paraphrase, the worst thing you can do for a trout is take it out of the water. But you guys keep on believing it's okay. Keep patting each other on the back for a job well done.

Posted on: 12/26 21:12

From lancaster county
This entire thread reminds me of an experience I had shopping this past weekend.

People were rude as heck. The icing on the cake was this 80 year old "lady" giving a 16 year old cashier at goodwill the riot act. First she complained because they put tape all over aceramic cookie jar. Then the girl rang her up but she complained it didn't show tax. Then the cashier included tax in her total but she wanted to see it in the register. Keep in mind, I'm sitting there for 10 minutes now behind her. Then the flustered cashier accidentally closed the register before giving the old lady her .01 change. Well she blew up. Asked for the manager etc.
My wife proceeds to hand her a penny and says merry xmas, figuring her point was made. Well that didn't stop her at all. Now 20 minutes into this I finally reached in my pocket and threw 2 dollars plus in change on the counter and said "Jesus said take your money and go in peace, merry xmas."
She did too.

Enjoy your time on the water and pics Mike.
Merry christmas

Posted on: 12/26 21:15

Sorry sal, I don't see the correlation. We're talking about a native fish that should be treated properly to live and propagate.

Posted on: 12/26 22:08

From lancaster county
I see. native fish should be treated properly. not cashier's, fellow anglers whom post a few pics or humans in general

Well Merry Christmas then I guess.
Smh

Posted on: 12/26 23:51

Edited by salvelinusfontinalis on 2017/12/27 0:09:30
Edited by salvelinusfontinalis on 2017/12/27 0:10:44

From Monessen, PA
I ate 16 smelt on Christmas eve and my conscience didn't even bother me. Lighten up, Francis.

Whenever I trick a brookie with something like that, I always say to the brookie, "brookie, that will learn ya'."

Posted on: 12/27 21:12
"Western man lacks conscious recognition of his inferiority to the nature around him and within him. He must learn that he cannot do exactly as he wills. He does not know that his own soul is rebelling against him in a suicidal way."
--C. G. Jung

From cambria county
Just love the positivity on this page....

Posted on: 12/28 11:31

From Burke VA
Quote:

JackM wrote:
I ate 16 smelt on Christmas eve and my conscience didn't even bother me. Lighten up, Francis.

What a great movie, now the theme song has been stuck in my head all day.

Posted on: 12/28 12:59

Wild smelt or stockers?

Posted on: 12/29 9:47

From Nicholson PA
If people want to protect the native brook trout population DONT FISH FOR THEM!!!!!

Posted on: 12/29 11:06

From Pennsylvania
Quote:

mike_richardson wrote:

I for one enjoyed your photos and the story. It probably takes more skill to fool one of those little natives than it does a steelhead. I'm glad to hear you enjoy the challenge.

Posted on: 12/30 10:45

Quote:

DriftingDunn wrote:
Quote:

mike_richardson wrote:

I for one enjoyed your photos and the story. It probably takes more skill to fool one of those little natives than it does a steelhead. I'm glad to hear you enjoy the challenge.

Native brookies in most streams are one of the easiest fish to catch, as long as you don't spook them. They are opportunistic feeders because most of the streams they inhabit are not very fertile. They seem to attack almost anything you throw at them.

Posted on: 12/30 17:01

« 1 (2) 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Sponsors
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

USGS Water Levels
Polls
Angling Trade E-Survey: How Many Outdoor Print Magazines Do You Subscribe To?
None. Nada. Zip. 50% (46)
One or two. 32% (30)
Three or four. 13% (12)
More than four. 3% (3)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2017/10/27 11:42
Comments?

Copyright 2017 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com