Chester County newbie

S

sprout74

Hello,

I recently started to fly fish, but don't know the area that well and was looking for some tips.

I read that White Clay Creek is a good spot and not too far from where I will be staying.

Any tips on gear or locations in Chester County or near Landenberg for a newbie would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

I greew up in Chester Co, on the bank of Elk creek. There is no FF'ing section on Elk, but there is some very nice water there. I always liked the section below camp Saginaw. Look at the map for New London in the southern part of the county and follow Saginaw road to the stream. I may be wrong on the name of the road, but either way, the stream is easy to find. There is a covered bridge below the steel bridge. There is some nice water there too.

Thanks for the help!

Is this the correct spot Google Map

Is the river accessible from the road or do I need permission from any local land owners before putting in?

That looks like a good place to start knocking around. As far as I know,it has been a while since I lived there, you can access the stream at the bridges. I used to float stock from below Oxford road down to Camp Saginaw. I do not know if that section is still floated.

I have seen some good early caddis, gordons and bwo's and sulphers there. Good luck.

Back