Chester Co research

noclue

noclue

Finally after 2 years I have had my second job interview. The job is with a state agency in the Chester Co. area. So because I have never fished this area I thought I would start doing research as where to fish for trout. What streams are in this area? Are there any FF only areas, And are there any natural reproducing Trout? I thought I could poosibly fish on lunch breaks, after work and or before work?
I of course will check out the pfbc website but thought I could get better info for what I'm looking for here. Not asking to spot burn just give names of streams and maybe some access points. Not looking for particular holes or hot spots, I like to find them on my own.

You mentioned that you were already going to look here, but...

Here's where you should start your research:

http://www.fish.state.pa.us/waters_trout.htm

It has the answers to all of the questions you asked. There are some unlisted wild trout streams, but I would venture to say that just fishing the listed ones should keep you satisfied for a while.

Where will you be working in chesco? There is a big difference between the West Chester area (where I assume you will be) and the southern part of the county. If I remember correctly, there is a dhalo area on the east branch of brandywine near downingtown and on west valley creek up from wickes lumber (if it is stil there).

If you go to the upper right corner of this site where it says Site Menu and click on Pa Trout Streams, there's a lot of good regional information for the SE part of the state.

If you do get bored with the ones on the wild trout list, send me a pm, I can point you to a few good unlisted ones.

Btw although beaver creek is on the list, it is definitely not worth fishing for wild trout. you can start narrowing down your options by crossing that one off.

Well known ones are Pickering, East Branch Brandywine and Valley. They're all within minutes of 202/30/76 which I'm assuming you'll be using to and from work. They all see a lot of anglers.

Shoot me a PM, I get out after work every now and then...

Thanks guys, If I get this job I think I will be covering preetty much all of Chesco. Probably different parts every day. The way they explained it to me, it sounded like alot of roaming around the county.

Good luck with the job, but Chester County in general is not worth moving to to fish. If you can get an arrangement on private bass pond you'll have a good summer. Maybe I just have the winter blues about it, but the occasional wild trout on the line does not compensate for the general blah factor. I've had a few thrills on the Brandywines. I have yet to get into the big smallmouth action on the Brandywine from Chadds Ford on down (which I think is Del Co & Delaware) or the muskies in Marsh Creek Lake which might be where the "woo factor" is. At least it's equidistant with your previous locale to central PA. Uggh, sour grapes.

Mariner wrote:
Good luck with the job, but Chester County in general is not worth moving to to fish. If you can get an arrangement on private bass pond you'll have a good summer. Maybe I just have the winter blues about it, but the occasional wild trout on the line does not compensate for the general blah factor. I've had a few thrills on the Brandywines. I have yet to get into the big smallmouth action on the Brandywine from Chadds Ford on down (which I think is Del Co & Delaware) or the muskies in Marsh Creek Lake which might be where the "woo factor" is. At least it's equidistant with your previous locale to central PA. Uggh, sour grapes.

Mariner,

Homesick for Colorado? LOL, I don't blame you! Chestco does not have any great warmwater or coldwater fishing, but you can find a little bit of both to keep you interested. The consolation is you are

Tom,

You've forgotten your revelation about how close the cumberland county streams are already? :lol:

Back