Can you write a good FF story?

JackM

JackM

Staff member
2010 Robert Traver Fly-Fishing Writing Award

The Robert Traver Fly-Fishing Writing Award is our sport's exclusive opportunity to get your original manuscript read by fly-fishing-writing professionals and possibly published in FR&R. The Robert Traver Fly-Fishing Writing award carries a $2,000 First Prize, from the John D. Voelker Foundation, sponsor of the award; a Second Place award of $750 will be included this year; Third Place is $250. The the ranks of past winners, including Pete Fromm, Seth Norman, Keith McCafferty, Richard Chiappone…

The details—

the winning 2010 Traver Award essay or story must be:

"A distinguished original essay or work of short fiction that embodies an implicit love of fly-fishing, respect for the sport and the natural world in which it takes place, and high literary values."

Send in a typed, double-space manuscript of no more than 3,500 words to Fly Rod&Reel, Robert Traver Award, PO Box 370, Camden, ME 04843. The winning stories or essays will be published in the Autumn 2010 issue of FR&R and on this Web site.

You may submit your manuscript on a CD or DVD along with a hard copy, and please include an oversize self-addressed stamped envelope if you'd like your materials returned—materials without an SASE will not be returned. No e-mail submissions will be accepted. Please, no phone calls. Enter only once. The deadline is May 15 ENTRIES MUST BE POSTMARKED BY MIDNIGHT OF MAY 15,210 TO BE CONSIDERED.. Good luck!

http://www.flyrodreel.com/fly-fishing/robert-traver-fly-fishing-writing

I dont know we'll see I guess.

Back