CV Limestoner After the Rain

Swattie87

Swattie87

Fished the one with the sparsely spotted Browns down near the mouth this afternoon/evening. Got lucky and hit it pretty well with high, off color water and active Trout. Nothing of any size, but any fish out of this stream is a pretty cool thing. Lost one around 10" at my feet in the larger receiving stream and rolled a larger one in a slower section...low teens probably. Was swinging a Bugger...they all hit at the end of the swing...they're hard to keep hooked up that way but the take is very violent in high, off color water. They all hit like 20"ers

Attachments

• 10-07-13 (6) PAFF.jpg
    10-07-13 (6) PAFF.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 10-07-13 (9) PAFF.jpg
    10-07-13 (9) PAFF.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 5
Nice looking fish, they are tough to hook when they hit at that point. Can be frustrating when that happens, but makes it all the better when you get them.Congrats on hooking up when you did.

Nice, man. Can tell those are carlisle fish a mile away.

WTG swattie

Think a slow actioned rod ('squatch - glass?) coupled with a line-pull strike (like in salt water) would improve hookups?

Thanks Les. Tough to say. I was hooking them a decent percentage of the time, just couldn't keep them hooked. I think it's more a product of them being almost straight downstream of me at the end of the swing in what was (yesterday at least) pretty heavy current. They tend to go straight for the surface in the current and shake their head.

I had the same problem with shad on the hang, switching to a soft tip rod and keeping the line very very tight would get me to about a 30/40% hook up rate.

Best I could do.

Back