Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

Re: CDC Trico Comparadun

From Philadelphia
I understand your skepticism for sure. They work wonders on the LL but we both know they are mostly stocked fish. Did okay on the Saucon but I'm interested in how you fare with them. I agree with you about them sometimes being hard on spinners so I keep some of those in the box too. I've never tried the Al's Trico but I think I may have to change that. Many guys on this forum do advocate them so maybe I'll just have to get over my damn stubbornness and give em a try.

Posted on: 2013/7/8 20:38

From Coopersburg
Fox,
Sunday, i tried the LL bean males, and females, al's trico, and your CDC in a slower section where the fish had time to eyeball it and they didnt hesitate to whack the CDC. All the other ones they snuffed. I had a problem with it getting oozed up after it was grabbed by a fish. Forgot about the frogs fanny you said...I like the pattern.

Posted on: 2013/7/8 20:38

From Philadelphia
Tyger, speaking of Frog's Fanny, greatest stuff I've used since the first generation Orvis Superfloat (which to this day I still say was the best floatant ever, of course it had CFC's in it so it wasn't good for the environment). At $6 a bottle for Fanny I would go broke because I can honestly use a full bottle in a good day's dry fly fishing. I use it quite liberally. For those of you who like this stuff, check out ebay. Guy sells it by the quart for about $20. I can fill my bottle over 50 times with a quart. Glad you had success with the pattern.

Posted on: 2013/7/8 20:44

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes
No
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com