Brilliant idea to increase trout stamp revenue, among other benefits

JackM

JackM

Staff member
After 3 weeks from the opener, reduce the price by 50%. Thank you. My time is up.

Now you know all that would do is make everybody wait to buy their stamp. :roll:

Who's gonna buy a trout stamp when the streams are all fished out?

A better idea would be to get rid of the trout stamp altogether.

Not a bad idea Jack.

JasonS wrote:

Real trout fisherman. Not the opening day weekend warrior types.

Chaz wrote:
A better idea would be to get rid of the trout stamp altogether.

So you lose the revenue on the cost of the trout stamp? That's like saying getting rid of the Lake Erie permit. Don't agree.

I have an equally good idea. Don't announce your closing hatcheries until after all the first day fisherman buy their license with trout stamp before opening day of trout season!

Phish_On wrote:
JasonS wrote:

Real trout fisherman. Not the opening day weekend warrior types.

Wouldn't the real trout fisherman already have his license prior to the 3rd week after opening day?

JackM wrote:
reduce the price by 50%. Thank you. My time is up.

Yeah, your time is up? Where have you been, Jack?

I'm really surprised that you didn't post on the "historic" high stock market ..... using Obama's plan!

It's never been higher! even with Reagan or the Bushes?

Or stop stocking and half the price of the licence.

They could use the remaining funds to improve the existing wild and native populations habitat and streamflows.

If such a big portion of license sales did not fund PAFBC employees' pensions, there would be no hatchery closures and no reductions in stockings.

Wouldn't the real trout fisherman already have his license prior to the 3rd week after opening day?

It's not like they would miss many hatches in those three weeks (maybe they'd still hit drakes - probably not). Half the hatches come off before opening day as it is...

midnightangler wrote:

It's not like they would miss many hatches in those three weeks (maybe they'd still hit drakes - probably not). Half the hatches come off before opening day as it is...
Which would imply most "real trout fisherman" have already bought their license and have already been fishing.

I personally think that if they want to increase revenue they should sell two separate licenses - one for stocked streams, one for wilds, with separate harvest restrictions for each.

steliejim wrote:
If such a big portion of license sales did not fund PAFBC employees' pensions, there would be no hatchery closures and no reductions in stockings.

exactly what portion of license sales does this?

Piling on: why shouldn't the government employees be able to negotiate deferred compensation pension plans like any other market player.

Back to OP's OT, I have refined my brilliant idea based on suggestions here:

License (all but trout, required also to obtain permit); trout permit: fishing year-round, as presently allowed (extended season, special regs, etc.), including the opener period;

Finally, a separate "Stocked Trout" license that allows anglers to fish for three weeks, including opening day, BUT ONLY on stocked waters. Case closed. My time is, again, up.

How about a C&R onlyi licence and a more expensive Harvest licence ?

Back