Bowmans's creek in winter time..??

• Thread starter AznFlyFisherman1
  • Start date
AznFlyFisherman1

AznFlyFisherman1

Has anyone fish bowmans creek during this time of year? is it frozen or is it fishable? I just relocated to wilkes barre/Scranton area. I live in shaverton,pa. I need to fish bad!!!! Cant take it anymore...hahaha..I have 3days off and thinking about trying my luck around here. I see that bowmans creek is the closest trout stream near me, I think or thats the only one i know of...hahaha. Let me know guys..thanx..

Ask at the local fly shop whether it's been stocked yet this spring. If it's been stocked, they will be there. If not, probably not worth the trip.

Ice? Depends on the weather.

The Lackawanna River is a good wild trout fishery, so the trout are in there year around. The special regs area is a good stretch. I'd take that over Bowmans any day.

The Lackawanna is to high to fish now, give it a week and it will be down again.get back to me in a week and maybe we can meet up and fish for a few hours.

Bowmans sustained some pretty heavy damage during the flooding of 2006. The two hatcheries in or near the FF only section got wiped out. Fish were everywhere.

Major reconstruction began this past fall (moving the channel to its historic location, etc.). I don't know if the work hes been completed, but I'm sure it's a different piece of water then the last time I was there.

Go to the local TU website, www.sctu.org. Maybe you could find more info.

Hank

Back