Black Flies Are Here

T

troutbert

If you're heading out fishing, might want to take some bug dope along. The black flies are out and about and looking for blood.

I ran into a bad batch of misquitos and gnats fishing tonight. They drove me crazy the entire night.

I did some practice casting on minsi this weekend, i only spent about 5 minutes without bug juice before I realized what was going on.

My legs picked apart, already.

Should've worn pants.

Sprayed two stinging insect nests on the deck yesterday. I'll be damned if I'll get stung when draping my waders over the railing this year. Spotted a few dozen ants in the kitchen before that, but that was nothing some flat-bottomed dress shoes and a little spray couldn't fix.

I didn't have to even go outside to learn the news of the ongoing yearly invasion.

gfen,

keep your pants on dude...

stevehalupka wrote:

I live a pants optional lifestyle, I don't need no trousers restricting my freedom to be me!

pants are always a must since ticks are always biting....

Found a tick in my back yesterday. Was out picking morels tho, so it was worth the bug bite.

Saw a copperhead while fishing today. Would rather deal with bugs.

someone once suggested permanone for ticks. i looked everywhere and finally found it a YEAR LATER in sprots authority's camping section.

its the long term, wash-and-reapply-monthly stuff.

gfen wrote:

I did some practice casting on minsi this weekend, i only spent about 5 minutes without bug juice before I realized what was going on.

My legs picked apart, already.

Should've worn pants.

Not those beau t ful legs. :lol:

I took the dog for a walk on the Bushkill and he came home with a few tick. Luck for us the tick meds got them.

gfen wrote:
stevehalupka wrote:

I live a pants optional lifestyle, I don't need no trousers restricting my freedom to be me!

Ever go commando in your waders? :)

Ill probably do it when im old so i can blame alsheimers or something.

My very worst encounter with flies of any sort was 2 years ago and they were deer/horse flies! I was attempting to fish one of the many tribs to Kettle Creek (oops, I burned this one) and those bastards were biting me furiously! They were so bad I couldn't even set up my tent. I was litterly brushing them off of my arms! I was forced to leave after driving 5 hours to get up there. They left me with bad welts for a week after the attack. It was early season as well. I'll never forget that trip.

Back