Big TROUT!

mute

mute

Went to cabela's today for the second time in my life today and snapped some pics and video.

videos, quicktime

Video1 - http://www.pafishing.net/main.php?g2_itemId=475

Video2 - http://www.pafishing.net/main.php?g2_itemId=471

Video3 - http://www.pafishing.net/main.php?g2_itemId=467

Video4 - http://www.pafishing.net/main.php?g2_itemId=463

No offense intended. I usually enjoy your pics and whatnot.

But this is a bit much IMO.

if you go fish great lake streams, you can catch fish that big.
and once you do, you really won't care about the dumb fish in some fish tank.
BTW - I've boycotted Cabelas.

Attachments

• t_musk112305_007_245.jpg
    t_musk112305_007_245.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 3
JayL whats wrong ? Just sharing our passion of the fish species. Yea i didint go there to buy anything, just havent been there for a while and decided i felt like taking a trip with a friend.. And skil...i would be fishing every day taking trips everywhere if i had local friends that were as addicted as me, but sadly i dont.

get a dog - they're always ready to go

Attachments

• Picture 076.jpg
    Picture 076.jpg
    812.1 KB · Views: 2
Nothin' wrong. To each his own, for sure. I guess I lack that passion you've got for fish, at least when they are ugly, scarred, and handfed. I'd prefer to catch the damn things, preferably secluded and wild. And I'd give almost anything to do it.

More power to you bro. I guess I was just crabby at the end of a long day at work. That, and the thread almost crashed my browser. :p

The thread is way too big for the forum too. Dave is having trouble backing up the site. We're discussing ways of limiting the file sizes that can be attached to the forum, or we might have to turn the feature off. Google offers a free download called PICASA that can prep pictures for the internet. You can decrease the file sizes to a 100Kb instead of a meg each.

Having trouble backing up the site because of this thread? Didn't think the server was having that many problems. I did compress them down from 3megs to less then a meg. But i did leave them at such a high resolution, which was uneeded for such useless pictures, sorry for that. I didn't think this would cause problems, delete the thread if you have to.

What needs to be understood is that the attachment feauture places the image files onto Dave's server. This means that not only does the server have to have sufficient space to store it, but when the server is backed up, those files contribute to the total amount being backed up.

So, no, this thread alone is not causing a problem, but it is contributing to the volume of what is stored on the server, perhaps to an unneccessary extent.

My advice to all who enjoy attaching pictures is as follows:

1. As Padraic mentioned, reduce the picture size as much as possible before uploading;

2. Better yet, find a hosting service to host your pictures and then use the image tool to imbed the image into your post.

I occasionally use the upload feature when I need to post a pic from my hard drive and cannot host it elsewhere, such as when I am at a computer where uploading is not allowed, but I try to limit the size and the occasions I do so for the reasons cited.

I had to check out the pics to see if my fish were in there. I ran into the aqaurist this past summer and I gave him a bullhead and a perch for the tank. It turns out he lives right around the corner from me. He's a very nice guy and a lot of fun to fish with. I learned a lot about fish that day.

Boyer

Cabelas has gotten such a bad rap on this board. I will admit that their fly shop leaves one wanting. Having said that my fist Cabela's trip was on par with a religious experiance. I was driving across country on my way up to Alaska and stopped into the South Dakota store.

I spent the next day low crawling through grass trying to appraoch Buffalo. Two days later I was in Banf and had to put on the down jacket I bought in the Bargin cave.

Be it what it may, to a sportsman Cabelas represents the vast American wilderness and the frontier ethic that no other country in the world can equal.

Most of the other forums do not allow the attachments. It's probaly easier to direct people to use free sites like photobucket for posting any pictures.

The signatures with the large photos in the bottom of each users post probably does not help much either.

Target mute day? Double posting doesnt help either ;) And my signature pic is nothing, a whole 30K, not to mention and not even mooching this servers bw

A signature pic hosted on the site is only "hosted" once. It's referred in many times, but only saved once. So as far as that goes, the point is... moot.

I see what you did there... lol.

The signature thing never seemed to slow down threads, though it is a bit garish.

Hey! I didn't see picture 18 the first time! The perch I gave the guy had really orange fins. I think that might be mine! :lol:

Boyer

Back