Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Best time of day for steelhead

So my wife scheduled me for some events this weekend without actually asking if I had any plans (I love when that happens). Anyway, I was planning on fishing one of the Ohio rivers for steelhead but now because I have limited time I can only get out in either the early morning or later in the day. I was wondering what everyone's opinion is regarding the best time of day of steelhead?

Posted on: 2013/3/20 11:33

Re: Best time of day for steelhead

From NE OH
That is a loaded question my friend. There are a ton of factors to consider. When the water is low and clear, your best bet is early morning and late afternoon. If the water is stained you can catch them all day long. When the water is warm in the Fall and Spring, the bite is fairly consistent, if the water is not low and clear. In the Winter when the water is cold, they tend to be most active from about 10am-3pm.

Across the board, timing of the day is not a big rate limiting step to catch steelhead. PRESENTATION is the name of the game. If you have good presentation, you can catch them throughout the day.

Have fun!

Posted on: 2013/3/20 11:56

For this week end if I had to choose it would be end of day.Water will be warmer and it stays light until after 7.
Patricks post is dead on!

Posted on: 2013/3/20 12:11

From hellertown
Ny this weekend bit was good early am and dead by 11

Posted on: 2013/3/20 12:38

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com