Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10)

Re: BEST FISHING VEHICLE?

From SEPA
postscript: the vw type 166 schwimmwagen had 4wd varients, but I don't think it predates the GP. The Kubelwagen, type 62, predates the GP but was RWD.

Posted on: 2011/1/15 20:19

From SEPA
No, I can safely say I've never seen any Swedish military vehicles from Volvo, but that's pretty rad.

Its no UNIMOG, though. Even in the company of the Kubelwagen, the MOG is the coolest thing to ever roll the Earth.

Posted on: 2011/1/15 20:24

From Pretty much everywhere at some point, Thorndale today.
Jake, love my Forester. Who cares if it seems to be the car of choice among lesbians. Its also very popular among engineers, so at least I fit one stereotype.

Tim, I had a friend in high school that rebuilt a Scout out of I think it was 3 junker scouts. It was a beaut. Baby blue with a big V-8, all custom gauges, and a system. It was one bad @$$ ride. Laid some serious tire too. Wonder what happened to it...

Was kind of funny that they always had a "parts car" in the yard, though.

Posted on: 2011/1/15 22:06

From Harrisburg
Dear gfen,

A couple of years ago on a surf fishing website I visit a guy from Australia posted some videos of a customized ralleye 4WD that he built to tour Africa.

It was based on some commercial truck chassis but basically it was a 30 foot long 4WD Winnebago motorhome that could ford 3 feet of water and drive through powdery sand and waist deep mud. That thing was seriously bad.

That Sugga with the trailer is available for $65000 CDN if you are interested? Me, I sort of need A/C and cruise control.

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Posted on: 2011/1/15 22:36
"Then the coal company came with the world's largest shovel, and they tortured the timber and stripped all the land. Well they dug for their coal till the land was forsaken, then they wrote it all down as the progress of man."

From SEPA
Quote:

TimMurphy wrote:
That Sugga with the trailer is available for $65000 CDN if you are interested? Me, I sort of need A/C and cruise control.

If it were old exchange rates, I had no babbies and I could somehow convince my wife it was an awesome investment, maybe.

There's a store down here that's got an old MOG in front of it for years, I've never seen it move but I'm going to assume these things were built to last and it would probably start up with a battery and some fresh oil.

I wonder what they'd sell it for. I don't know how fast 100hp in a 5 ton truck can move you, though.

edit: 80HP, with a 43' turning radius. top speed "about 55mph." hah. still want.

Posted on: 2011/1/15 23:07

From Dallastown, PA
I have been driving Deuce and a halfs and a five ton Keiser Jeeps for the last year at work. They beat your ass.....I wouldn't want to have to fish once I got there.

But you should have no problem getting to the creek, across it and even up the other bank no matter how steep.

Attach file:

jpg  Deuce.jpg (9.08 KB)
27_4d32712c00bf3.jpg 263X192 px

Posted on: 2011/1/15 23:16

« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com