As the Jam approaches...

jayL

jayL

I've been met with some bad news. One of my best friends is having a graduation party and pretty much every acquaintance I've made at college will be there. The same weekend as the Jam.

My plan is as follows:

Take a half day thursday, go to coburn, fish

Can work friday, fish

drink friday night with y'all

fish saturday all day, be on the road to Jersey at around 4.

The question I pose is this: Are people heading up early this year? I know I can't be the only one.

I was thinking about heading up early; perhaps Thursday afternoon to catch the evening hatch. Of course that could all change by the time we get there. My job has a habit of giving me late notice that I need to travel.

While the main social events of the Jamboree are Friday and Saturday night campfires and Saturday and Sunday morning coffee, this year it appears that many of us will be going up earlier in the week. I have plans with a few other board members to go up on Monday night and stay through the Jamboree weekend. I believe there are others going up early also. If you have vacation to spare, come up early and enjoy the more relaxed weekday fishing in the area. Let me know if you will be up early and we can try to get together in the evening or for fishing during the week. However, you must try to make at least one of the fire-rings on the weekend, as this is the opportunity to meet some of the characters here in person.

Jay-

This will be my first Jamboree, but I am planning on going a day or so early. Perhaps you can stay the entire time, and find a new best friend?

JG

I also plan on going up thursday - maybe we'll be able to discuss a good Pens - Flyers playoff series?

I will certainly be at the Friday fire ring. Perhaps I'll take vacation thursday and friday and head up wednesday night. I'm excited.

jersey,

There is no way I can miss the graduation party. It's going to basically be a graduation party for my friend, me, and our entire circle of friends. We've been tight since we all lived, raised hell, and drank on the same floor of calhoun hall as freshmen at good old drexel. I'm going to have to drink on the double friday night with you guys to compensate.

Dryfly,

You're on. I'll be wearing my old LeClair jersey. haha.

Jay I will be there all week Sunday to Sunday . So we can gang up on all the Penquin fans Friday night :hammer:

First timer as well.

I will be there mid-week prior to jam if I am not working then.

Staying for the following week at Poe with my fishing buddies.

Looking forward to it. Paul

Awesome. As the time gets closer, and plans get finalized, we should plan some meetings to fish throughout the week.

I plan on a WED evening arrival.

Jay-

Honestly I did not expect or want you to stiff your buds on the get together. We can make sure we send you off in very good form though!
Jg

Damn...save some fish for the weekend only guys will ya!!! I'd go early but I just know we'll have baseball games...

i may stay late,as i have off on mondays.
however,going early isn't out of the question.

when is the casting clinic?fee?

i'm an absolutely terrible caster.

(i'm not much better at fishing in general,but at least that's fun)

my girlfriend is not attending,but will probably send some of her ties.

Jay

Glad to see you will still be able to make it. I will be heading up early also, maybe Wed or Thurs. all depends on when Merle will be getting in.

We will probalby staying a week!

PaulG

Shakey,

If you honestly think there is a fee for us to help with your casting, I'd be happy to take your money. :p

It's a much friendlier atmosphere than that.

you haven't seen me cast yet :)

I'm going forgo bringing extra clothes to have space for beer, so I'm sure I'll be right there with ya if we hold the casting clinic at the fire ring.

Shakey, you should be able to get any help that you ask for. I did the first year I attended the Jam and it was the first year fly-fishing. I am a mediocre fly caster at best, but I do catch a few fish… Just look at my loop, it is big enough to drive a truck thru. Moe took the photo one day when Paul G, Moe and me fishing Muddy Creek, I think.
Just remember don’t be afraid to ask for any help, it took me almost 1 ½ days to get my nerve up to ask.

Best Fishes
Merle

I'm in the process of getting my summer vacation together now and I'll be there definitely by Friday afternoon. If my week long vacation plans in July don't materialize then I'll come up Thursday afternoon. I have to take an exam in the morning before I show up so I will definitely be in the mood for some fishing and lots of beer. Can't wait to meet all of you guys!

Jay,

I plan on Monday to ??? Packing up and heading West sounds real good now...

Hank

Back