Aquaseal

P

Phlsphyguy

Anyone know where I can get Aquaseal other than the usual fly shops, Cabeyas, etc? Practically new waders are leaking around the seams of the stockingfoot and leg-I think....

I picked up some this week at Erie Sports store(@$7), Try dicks or gander too.(you may even find it at a hardware store mabe a water bed store) Most fly shops have it also. There both a uv and a regular cure. I like the regular as I feel it is more durable.
To repair a seam use masking tape to hold down the seam tape as it cures, make the tape flat as you can make it.
Good luck. If the waders are breathable use denatured alcohol sprayed from a spray bottle to illuminate pin holes. Then circle with a marker, to point out where the pin hole is after the alcohol evaporates off.

you can also use GOOP from your local hardware stores. I'd check the warranty of your waders first before messing with them. May be able to just get another pair rather than try to fix them.

No need to circle the indicated pinhole. I used to do that, too. Here's more - http://www.simmsfishing.com/site/gallery/gallery_display.html?gallery_id=00006

Practically new waders are leaking around the seams of the stockingfoot and leg-I think....[/quote]

I think ?????? Are you confusing sweat with a leak ? I find that in the winter / early spring I sweat more in my waders. I am wearing more and heavier layers. It is cold in the morning but get warmer as the day progresses and you hike your butt around a trout stream.

Fill the leg with water and hang it up with some newspaper under it. Make sure you have a leak.

Back