Anyone hear about this?

I have 2 friends that were fired on last week in the Poconos. Might have been on the Delaware.

It is always a posibility you will be shot, whether you leave the house or not. Still, strange that someone would target innocents such as this. Let's stop all the shootings and explosions for the next 1 million years.

Argh! I've heard shotgun pellets hit the water before and it's not fun. Bring a cell phone and call the cops, I don't know what else you could do.

I was wrong, when I read the article I thought it was another set of people. This is actually a friend of mine gf. He was with, but I did not know her dad was with them.

5 feet is awfully close for any kind of gunshot. I have been fishing around farms before, and heard gunshots in the distance, but being targeted is a completely different story. Glad nobody was hurt.

Sounds like an exaggeration. Probably no more than 8 feet.

We got pinned down by semi-automatic gunfire last Oct in the Catskills

Was fishing in the Shenango river years ago near a shooting range. I actually picked a slug out of the water after it blooped right next to me

beeber2 wrote:
Argh! I've heard shotgun pellets hit the water before and it's not fun. Bring a cell phone and call the cops, I don't know what else you could do.
Take a gun and shoot back?

The gunfire we took on the East Branch last Fall was scary. I've never been in combat, but when multiple rounds are sizzling by and hitting the water, it's close enough for me. I was trying to think of what to do WHEN one of us got hit. But to his credit, Nick just kept tossing that indi- rig. Gonna die with a fish on...

^^^^
Was not one of my smarter moves.

That is why I wear my Ghillie suit when I fish big rivers now

Ghillie_suit_pattern_Woodland.jpg

I think if I saw you dressed like that I'd shoot you myself

Got shot at a few times bank fishing on the Susky. Never on purpose. People on the far side of the river shooting at floating cans or something. Me on the other side hiding behind trees. Too far to yell. Bullets can skip off the water quite a way.

barrybarry wrote:
Got shot at a few times bank fishing on the Susky. Never on purpose. People on the far side of the river shooting at floating cans or something. Me on the other side hiding behind trees. Too far to yell. Bullets can skip off the water quite a way.

My closest experience with this was just above the Route 30 bridge on the Susquehanna. Someone on the York County side firing out into the river. Not really that close to me but was still hoping they could see me out there.

im always worried about someone shooting at me for fishing near some houses close to the stream even if it is public some people are crazy although being close to Philadelphia and fishing at night in some areas is just plain dangerous glad to see those people are ok though

McSneek, it sounds like we both been shot at by the same guy. There's a lot less renters on that side these days. Hopefully it's a little safer. It's been about ten years since I fished that section.

Back