Anybody going to the Fly Fishing show in Somerset NJ?

TimMurphy

TimMurphy

Dear Board,

I was just wondering if any of you plan on going to the Fly Fishing Show this weekend in Somerset, NJ?

http://www.flyfishingshow.com/somerset/

Rumor has it that Rolf Jacobsen has agreed to buy beer for everyone that shows up at the bar, right Rolf? :-D

I'll be there Saturday until Rolf is broke.

Regards,
Tim Murphy :)

Hi Tim - Do I have to bring my deer cart to wheel you out to the Rolfmobile? :-o I'm going EARLY to catch up with a bunch of folks before the noon extravaganza. Hope to get a parking spot up close, as it's always like 2 degrees above zero every year I go there. See ya at the bar!.......Ed

Ed, Tim has obviously been imbibing already are is hallucinating. I couldn’t afford to keep him in beer. You on the other hand, I’d be happy to buy a beer for.

Rolf

Guys

I would hate to have to Wheel the Big Guy out, even in a deer cart :-D

I'll be there, it's a long trek, but good to see some of the new gear and cast some rods...........

See yuh there.
Dave

Tim I will be there today . I will be the guy wearing a gray shirt and jeans teaching Tim Rajeff how to cast.......JK :pint:

I was going but I'm stuck down south where I dn't want to be.

My buddy and I went yesterday. That was the first real flyfishing show I've gone to and all I can say is WOW! It was really cool to be able to get a feel for all the different rods, though the only one I cast was a 4wt bamboo from a rod builder.
Got to talk to a couple of outfiters and picked up some more tying materials, overall it was just a fun day.

John

I wanted to go but it's over 4 hour's drive for me. If anyone came upon anything new or interesting at the show, please report!!

New must-have gadgets or tying materials? New fly patterns? Good books? Good rod values? (specifically a 7 1/2 foot 4 wt that is fact action, a real rocket, but doesn't cost a fortune?)

Somerset sucked except for the people I was fortunate enough to meet there. It was incredibly expensive....6'9" 2/2, 3 weight bamboo rod from Bill Taylor followed me home and I had to keep it.

I was disapointed by the show I was hoping to find some deals like what you would find at a gun show. It was crazy, there was like no deals at all, everthing was full price unless it was a discontinued item. I did see some new stuff one that caught my eye was the Nor-vise that vise is awesome.... it spins dubbing and hackle in a blink of eye. I would of bought if I had the money($265)..... :-o

Here is a video of it in action

http://www.nor-vise.com/video/index.html

Back