Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Another day of fun on a wild brown stream.

From Dispositionally, one mile south of Lake LeBoeuf
Oh, OK..

The reference to C&R All Tackle threw me off. So far as I know, the unstocked portion of the stream is C&R ALO.

While I've been home a few times and fished it over the past couple years, I think it may be on a bit of a down cycle, which is not uncommon for wild brown trout freestone fisheries. Although I did OK the times I've been on it lately, I see that it has fallen off the Class A list. It used to routinely sample in the mid 50's kg/ha and evidently has fallen below the Class A threshold for two surveys (or more..) in a row. Hopefully, it'll be back because I'm moving home eventually.

I guess the other thing I'd mention is that the stream is approved trout water and gets stocked in the sections above the C&R project. Now, whether they get down into that long unbridged section above the top of the project with buckets of fish, I don't know. But they've been stocking at the next bridge up and maybe the next two bridges up for quite a few years now. Hence, some of the stocked fish (or apparently stocked fish ..) in the photos on the thread may have come from above rather than coming up from the main stem. I guess the one thing I hope is that they are not stocking fish in the project water as they have elsewhere when wild fish numbers fizzled. If they are, I don't really even want to know about it. I say this mostly out of wanting it to be the way it always was when i come back to it and not out of any significant concern about the impact of stocking limited numbers of fish over wild pops. My time in the Midwest has convinced me that the impact of this sort of stocking over wild fish pops is significantly over estimated by a lot of guys.

That's a lot more wind than I had originally intended to run through the sails...:) Time for a nap... Going smallmouth chasing in SE WI tomorrow.

Posted on: 2011/7/10 19:19

From NW pa
RLeep2,
Where are you getting your test info for the stream in question? I would like to see the sight so I could study it for other potentional nice fisheries w a pop of wild fish.
Thanks
Greg

Posted on: 2011/7/10 21:38

Greg: It came from the Commission files. Like I said in my PM earlier to you, I'll PM you at some length about the stream and some others. Probably Tuesday. Tomorrow I fish...:)

Bob

Posted on: 2011/7/10 22:40

Greg... Check your PM's

Posted on: 2011/7/12 15:24

From Other side of the tracks
Quote:

Chaz wrote:
Not sure if any of your fish are wild, the angle of the reflections is such that the colors are washed out. As for the stone mounds in the stream, I doubt a fall fish or chubb made them as big as you say, however, I believe otters make mounds and they can be even larger if what I saw on Pine Creek is an indication of how big the mounds can be.

link

Scroll down to the section on chubs, specifically "Life History."

All I know is it is probably some kind of non-sport fish that made those mounds.

Posted on: 2011/7/13 6:51

From NW pa
Sorry RLeep2 for the delay. I am in nusing school and working full time... The classes started yesterday and man a lot of study is involved in becoming an RN. Thanks so much for the information! I really appriciate it.
Tight Lines,
C and R
Greg

Posted on: 2011/7/13 16:58

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes 95% (139)
No 0% (0)
Thinking about it 4% (6)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com