HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Another Fly Shop Bite the Dust

From Lehighton, PA
Quote:

BrandonMH wrote:
There is an LL Bean at the Prominade shops in Saucon Valley off of 309 south, but they don't have alot for fishing. I haven't been there in a while, had mostly everything but fly fishing stuff. It could have changed though. It was mostly clothing and kayaking/biking/hiking gear.

You're kidding right? Did you miss the flyrods, reels, fly line, flies, tippet, waders, fishing packs, etc.? Now you wont find things like Orvis, Rio, Sage, TFO etc. in there obviously but I think they have at least a fair amount of fly fishing gear. The only main item they are missing is fly tying materials.

Posted on: 2010/12/19 18:12

From Eastern PA
Quote:
You're kidding right? Did you miss the flyrods, reels, fly line, flies, tippet, waders, fishing packs, etc.? Now you wont find things like Orvis, Rio, Sage, TFO etc. in there obviously but I think they have at least a fair amount of fly fishing gear. The only main item they are missing is fly tying materials.

Ok Ryan, since you are all knowing on this matter, let's take a survey.

"is ll bean remotely close to being a fly shop?"

I vote "no".

Next.

Posted on: 2010/12/19 19:25

From SEPA
Quote:
You're kidding right? Did you miss the flyrods, reels, fly line, flies, tippet, waders, fishing packs, etc.? ...they have at least a fair amount of fly fishing gear. The only main item they are missing is fly tying materials.

They've got all the essentials, and a litlte bit more, but they're not much more essentials than, say Walmart.

Now, it might be higher grade goods, and the main tackle assortment is vastly superior (if you don't mind the Bean brand), but its not in depth.

Its better than nothing, but its not a fly shop. Its a lifestyle store, and the lifestyle depends on things like fly fishing to set the tone.

I wonder if I could fit that swanky vest they have there, now?

Posted on: 2010/12/19 19:36

From Emmaus, Pa
RyanR, as I said, I was in there a long time ago, when it first opened up, I forget how long it has been open but I don't remember it having the fly gear then. If they have it now, I might have to check it out, but I know shortly after the whole mall opened up, we went to check it out and I hit LL Bean to see what they had.

Posted on: 2010/12/19 23:14

From SEPA
Quote:

jdaddy wrote:
Quote:
They were supposedly moving to somewhere off Airport Rd or somewhere around some exit from rt33, but I know nothing else. Nor do I care.

Based upon the information we were given, how likely do you think that is to happen?

I imagine that they need to have a place to launder the remainder of the grift from defrauding local communities?

FWIW, I suspect a store move is BS from a master artist. The manager could sell refrigerators to Eskimos, if Barbour made a 'fridge that is.

Posted on: 2010/12/19 23:55

From Lehighton, PA
I don't know Gfen, what brand would you expect to find when you walk into a LL Bean store? Sure, brand selection is slim but its pretty much got all the essentials for fly-fishing. It's an LL Bean store, fly-fishing is just one part of their outdoor lifestyle brand. Knowing what to expect is an advantage and I guess I was lucky in that I did since I've been a Bean customer for 20+ years. I basically buy my waders, boots, jackets and such from them. Sometimes flies too. Their rods and reels are actually good too.

Posted on: 2010/12/20 0:21

From SEPA
I only own one Bean rod, but I'm a fan. I check their lineup first, and have no issues using their particular brand of equipment (unlike Cabela's which makes me feel dirty).

Matter of fact, my boots are shot. Thanks for the reminder.

Posted on: 2010/12/20 1:24

From LV
The Bean Store is maybe 5 minutes from my house, but they don't have fly tying stuff. Other than that they have the essentials so I'd say it's a fly shop with a lot more stuff for someone who camps, hikes and kayaks all while fishing.

Posted on: 2010/12/21 20:32

From SE PA
I think one of the Evening Hatch owners lives in Atown. Be interesting to get his take on the viability of a store in the LV.

Posted on: 2010/12/22 12:16

From Along the Lehigh Above the Gap
Franklin....I know one of the part time workers lives in A-town, I do not know about the owners.

Posted on: 2010/12/22 12:24

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com