Another Big Brown!!

noclue

noclue

I was fishing the Little Lehigh today and picked up another Big Brownie. Used a slate drake with a bh hares hear trailer. Fished across and drifted down apicked up this 18 or 20" Brown. Measured my forearm and compared the fish to that to get a rough size.

Attachments

• 11.8.09(2).jpg
    11.8.09(2).jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 6
Looks like a dandy but its hard to tell. the pic is so small. Good Job though!

Nice try...I know a novelty "fly rod" pen and a six inch trout when I see one!

JK, nice job dude!

Looks like a real beauty in autumn colors. Nice job noclue.

Nice fish - what did he take?

Pic is so small I don't want to start the I don't think It's that big club but does not look near 20 inches to me. Nice catch no clue is a pretty one. Now is the time to get the big boys on streamers.

It big but you can hardly see the pic. Make it about 400 X 300.

Soory about the size of the pic. Still trying to figure out this picture posting thing will try to figure out and up date.

He took a size 16 bead headed hares ear.

Attachments

• 11.8.09.jpg
    11.8.09.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 0
that a bit better. Real nice fish! :)

noclue, you can stump the naysayers and just measure the point on your rod where that fish comes to.

For future reference you can also remember the measurement for the end of the light colored label past the handle, and from there it will be easy for you to tell if a fish is 2 inches bigger, 4 inches bigger, etc. It sounds like you aren't too concerned with numbers anyway, so good for you.

When I caught this fish I was more concerned about getting it back to water than getting a define measurement. I remembered a thread on hear that talked about using your forarm as a referance. My for arm from the tip of my middle finger is 18" to my elbow and this fish was about a inch or so past my elbow. Close enough for me!!

Back