Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Annual Fishing License Buttons Available March 12
Webmaster
Those new/old fishing license buttons will be available shortly. Details below. A couple of ways to get them.

As announced in January, the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission (PFBC) is re-introducing the availability of a Pennsylvania fishing license button. Brought back by popular demand, this alternate display annual license button is similar to the buttons offered by the PFBC in the 1930s, 1940s, 1950s, and in 1974 and 1975.

Anglers will be able to purchase a $5 button starting March 12 through the PFBC’s Outdoor Shop (www.GoneFishingPa.com) and at the following PFBC locations:
PFBC Headquarters (Harrisburg)
PFBC Northcentral Regional Office
PFBC Northeast Regional Office
PFBC Northwest Regional Office
PFBC Southcentral Regional Office
PFBC Southeast Regional Office
PFBC Southwest Regional Office
PFBC Walnut Creek Access Office
PFBC Linesville State Fish Hatchery Visitors Center

License buttons can also be ordered using a mail-in form posted on the PFBC’s website: http://fishandboat.com/licapp.htm. Delivery of all buttons purchased will occur within three weeks of when they are ordered. The three-week delivery time provides adequate time for the buttons to be personalized with the individual license buyer’s customer identification number.

The annual buttons will be available to all current, adult and youth Pennsylvania fishing license customers who possess a valid Pennsylvania fishing license that enables them to fish for the entire year. Lifetime senior license and multi-year license holders can also purchase the buttons. For all eligible customers, the buttons are not required by law and are an optional purchase.

The purchase of a traditional (paper) Pennsylvania fishing license is a requirement in order to purchase the optional license button. As a result of a recent regulation change, as long as an angler is carrying their valid paper license, a valid alternate display annual license button is the only display requirement while fishing.

For an information paper about the new alternate display annual license buttons, visit: http://www.fishandboat.com/faq-lic-button.pdf.

Posted on: 3/6 10:23

Re: Annual Fishing License Buttons Available March 12

From Mont Co, Pa
Thanks for the info Dave, I'll be getting one. I'm a bit of a sentimentalist.

Posted on: 3/6 17:59

Webmaster
I think the button will work out better for me. Put it on my the back of my hat and keep my license in my vest. My license got knocked off walking in some brush last year. I had backup, but still the button seems easier to have on.

Posted on: 3/6 18:31

From Monessen, PA
I wonder if I can get 3-4 buttons for my one license. But I'd still need to have my paper license, duly signed, to avoid penalty? With identity, the state can electronically learn whether I am licensed. Thus, if stopped, I should only be required to identify myself. On the other hand, the displayed license/button may keep me from being stopped, and searched.

Posted on: 3/6 19:56

From Bucks County
Thanks Dave. I definitely want one.
Rolf

Posted on: 3/6 20:08

From Mont Co, Pa
Quote:

JackM wrote:
I wonder if I can get 3-4 buttons for my one license. But I'd still need to have my paper license, duly signed, to avoid penalty?

Yes, but each button has to be an individual, seperate transaction.

Posted on: 3/6 20:11

From Lititz/Huntingdon
In today's hi tech world, why can't all this info be placed on the magnetic strip on the back of your drivers license or other picture ID card? Hunting, fishing, carry permit, etc. The officer then has a reader with cell and or sat uplink capabilities. Oh, that's right. There are those that say that it's a hassle to get something like that to vote. Don't you need to have a photo ID to open a checking account any more, or cash a check. Sorry off a a tangent. Wait, you mean to tell me you don't have to have a photo ID to collect welfare and prove who you are? Button, yes I'll get one.

Posted on: 3/7 8:31

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZif22PVohg

The four most effective weapons for taking anothers possessions:
4) knife
3) gun
2) lawyer
1) politician

From Lancaster County
Quote:

FiveWeight wrote:
In today's hi tech world, why can't all this info be placed on the magnetic strip on the back of your drivers license or other picture ID card? Hunting, fishing, carry permit, etc. The officer then has a reader with cell and or sat uplink capabilities. Oh, that's right. There are those that say that it's a hassle to get something like that to vote. Don't you need to have a photo ID to open a checking account any more, or cash a check. Sorry off a a tangent. Wait, you mean to tell me you don't have to have a photo ID to collect welfare and prove who you are? Button, yes I'll get one.

Political rant aside, yes, all the items you list are possible. Data plans, databases, equipment at POS terminals to enable this all cost one thing agencies are not awash in - money.

I'll be ponying a little of that up to help their low tech solution.

Posted on: 3/7 23:43

From SE Pa
I can't believe I'm saying this but I might just get one. After seeing the picture of the new old button it brought back many fond memories of fishing with my dad. I can remember his button pinned to his hat. Damn nostalgia.

Posted on: 3/8 6:53

You must have your paper or vinyl license on your person even though you are displaying the button.

Salmonid: cells don't work where a lot of people fish, including relatively open areas such as the safe harbor dam catwalk on the Susky. Electronic solutions are not always the best ones; a lot needs to be considered first, including cost, as mentioned earlier.

Posted on: 3/8 8:09

From Lititz/Huntingdon
Quote:

Mike wrote:
You must have your paper or vinyl license on your person even though you are displaying the button.

Salmonid: cells don't work where a lot of people fish, including relatively open areas such as the safe harbor dam catwalk on the Susky. Electronic solutions are not always the best ones; a lot needs to be considered first, including cost, as mentioned earlier.

Cell and or sat uplink. There is hardly a place where there isn't sat capability. And Salmonid.... That's pretty much a crock as far as the money goes. There is plenty of money to do something like that if it wasn't pissed away in other areas. Besides that it would probably be a wash in output anyway with not having to have all the fancy little yellow licenses for hunting, fishing, carry permits, health insurance, etc. What it would do probably is take people off of a tax payer payroll and this would be a good thing.

Posted on: 3/8 16:57

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZif22PVohg

The four most effective weapons for taking anothers possessions:
4) knife
3) gun
2) lawyer
1) politician

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
2 Comments

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com