An Idea To Quell The Contention That the SRs Create SB

fadeaway263

fadeaway263

Having recently been on the receiving end of criticism for a SR I have an idea. Probably not a new one as I am sure it has been suggested many times. Make Stream Reports the same as Off Topic ie available only to members of PaFF. The reason I say this is the concern that a SR will lead to meat eaters sloshing through streams we care about, if this does in fact really happen, will be eliminated or at least greatly reduced. Why do I believe this to be true. Because over the years I have met a good number of PaFF members and found everyone of them courteous, respectful of our sport and to a man, everyone practiced C&R. Simply stated, I would, and in fact have, share[d] in a heartbeat with every member I have met the existence of a good spot to fish. Are we not a community of like minded people? Has PaFF done an investigation as to how many members take home stringers of fish each time they go out? Put the SR's with the OTs and put an end to this silly argument I say!!! I will leave it to the MODs to think this over as they have no doubt done in the past but maybe this time take into consideration the community of sportsmanship this website has fostered. Maybe we should put it to a vote. Hey can we really do that? :roll:

dang, sure wish I'd brought some popping corn for lunch today....

Don't worry Tomi I got the beer! I will give you one!

Fade, it has been brought up before. I think the best way to handle the BS is to simply ignore it-which I believe is the solution the mods prefer. Those on both sides of the debate, myself included, have been known to throw mud. Its easier just to let it roll of your back.

We really don't need this debate for the 60th time. Each poster should make up their own mind what they want to post. The Board management does not want to police this and we WILL delete posts leveling criticisms. And if people insist on making that kind of work for us, you will hear from us privately about cutting it out.

Thanks for the ideas. I will give you my two sense on what we will do. I have written about this often and glad to share it again.

We share things on this site and stream reports are one of them. Can be discussed, but I have had streams reports set up on the site for the past 15 years.

I think everyone on both sides of this issue people are pretty firmly intrenched and no one is going to change each others mind. Frankly I think most people enjoy them and 99.9% are viewed in a responsible way.

If you would listen to some views this website has basically ruined all of fly fishing in Pennsylvania. Someone then should burn an effigy of me over at Valley Creek or something. Take a picture I'll post it. Somehow in my own mind I think through Paflyfish and with so many contributors here we have helped fly fishing in this region because we are open and are willing to support each other.

I blogged in detail about my general view on stream reports and encourage you to read over my long winded diatribe here.

I encourage detailed objective reports on all our hundreds of common streams in the region and I will suggest PFBC has identified nearly 3,600 streams as naturally reproducing wild trout streams. Most of these streams and like waters are small with fragile ecosystems. While hearing reports on these streams is encouraged, named streams and detailed locations are not required. Simply identifying the county, date and experience really can offer enough for most any angler. The delight of these jewels is the discovery. Pouncing on someone for putting up a stream report will just simply be deleted.

Back