Alligator in Allegheny River, Cheswick 9/19/14

Night_Stalker

Night_Stalker

Just saw this...

http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/local/alligator-spotted-along-banks-allegheny-river-ches/nhQbS/

Attachments

• alligator.jpg
    alligator.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 11
Is this all C&R? And can someone tie me up a fly that looks like a small child?

White kittens off of Craig's List work and are normally free

Mouse fly with a kitten dropper, all good. Saw this on the news this morning and laughed maybe they will bring Troy in to CHOOT IT, CHOOT IT JACOB

Looks to me like someone dragged their boat outta the river. If a gater made that slide there would be paw prints to the sides of it. Not in it.

Kittens for bait?

Attachments

• NO Night Stalker.png
    NO Night Stalker.png
    63.1 KB · Views: 2
It certainly isn't totally out of the question....they pulled one out a creek somewhere near Shade Gap a few summers back that some trout fisherman found. If they don't find a gator soon its days are numbered anyway as there is no way a gator could tolerate a Western PA winter.

It is rather insane how in our ever globally connected world exotic misplaced animals are found anywhere and everywhere with increasing frequency.

BTW, Maurice is 100% on target.

I third that. Also, crocodilians don't drag their body, they lift up a few inches.

not to be argumentative but...don't the tracks go off to the left, out of that depression? If so, I think the picture just hapnes to show 2 different things, and this is still a possibility. Alligators have popped up on the Allentown area a few times over the past few years.

Follow up story in the paper today states the "alligator" tracks were likely made by a beaver.

Nothing to see here folks. Please keep the traffic moving.

DaveS wrote:
Follow up story in the paper today states the "alligator" tracks were likely made by a beaver.

Nothing to see here folks. Please keep the traffic moving.

LOL.....well the media's job is to get people interested and to hold their attention and to suck them into the story. Generally people are a little too gullible too.

SteveG wrote:
I third that. Also, crocodilians don't drag their body, they lift up a few inches.

The hell they don't!

The don't slide out of the water, but they do slide in. It's easier.

That said, I's with Maurice on this cept it isn't man made. No people cracks. Looks more like an elephant slide.

Otter or beaver maybe, and don't try to tell me they don't slide, either.

I think it was of them there evil drone things...dragging a device that creates gator slides/footprints.

It is most likely college students creating a ripe environment of hysteria for an upcoming halloween themed scream park...

There has been a number of sightings of alligators in some of the creeks in PA in the past few years. Stupid pet owners releasing there animals because they are too dangerous to keep. Duh!
Alligator prints i don't believe would have that squarish look.

What are the prints to the left of the drag marks? and where are the human prints if indeed a boat was being dragged?

The hell they don't!

The don't slide out of the water, but they do slide in. It's easier.

That said, I's with Maurice on this cept it isn't man made. No people cracks. Looks more like an elephant slide.

Otter or beaver maybe, and don't try to tell me they don't slide, either.[/quote]

I should've clarified, they don't slide for that length of travel on level ground.

I see what you mean now.

After looking at the picture, the ground does look quite a bit flatter than I had initially thought.

Sorry.

I still like the elephant video.;-)

No worries. That 2nd elephant is like me trying to get out of bed on a day I'm not fishing

I lived in the south for a number of years and logged plenty of hours along the Cape Fear River in North Carolina. I’m no gator expert but I never saw gator sign where the prints were in the belly slide.

Back