Additional adult trout stockings coming

M

Mike

For those who might be interested in stocked trout, stockings of unallocated adult trout that remain in some of the state hatcheries are being scheduled for stocking in each fisheies management region in the near future (next 2 weeks?). It is likely that the waters being stocked will be listed in a PFBC news release and/or on the PFBC web site (trout stocking schedule) as the schedule is finalized. Just a heads-up for those of you who are interested to keep your eyes and ears open for this.

As for the southeast region, candidate waters are the Little Schuylkill River (Tamaqua area section up to Locust Creek), Locust Lake, Antietam Lake, Tulpehocken Creek (below the DH area), Hay Creek (Rt. 82 walk-in and Birdsboro stretches), South Branch of Codorus Creek (above Centerville), East Branch of Codorus Creek (both sections), and North Branch of Muddy Creek (Felton stretch). Stockings of any of the aforementioned waters are dependent upon the availablity of fish for each at the time of scheduled stockings and appropriate stream and lake conditions (flow and temperature). Consider this to be an early alert for these waters that is potentially subject to change.

Mike! You kiss and tell stocker!! ;-) :-D

They've put the biguns in Hay creek this time of year before.

What a friggin blast that was. I might have to take the trek back there.

Another update: Add Monocacy, Little Lehigh (in town), Saucon, Pohopoco, and Coplay Creeks to the list....with the same caveats as noted above.

Hmm, so nothing too close to home :(

According to the PFBC site Hay, Antietam and Tully are taking place today 5/30...damm Nascar weekend in Dover if I did not pay $95 beans for this ticket!

hmmm, perhaps a trip to hay ck is needed tomorrow? JayL, do you know how bad it get hammered? Assuming its getting stocked now, im guessing the locals are already reeling em in.

If you are driving that far, go to the tully. That's my recommendation. It's only another ten or twenty minutes, and about 500x better fishing. It's was filthy with trout before this stocking, and is probably out of control now. Not to mention, the caddis are getting pretty thick.

There are probably crowds at Hay, but it can't be that bad. There is a good bit of water, and the put and take guys don't like walking out the abandoned road. If they stocked out there, it should be fine. There were holdovers and wild fish out there when I went a month ago. If you catch any of them, be careful, because the stream is probably running warm already.

There is nothing worse to hear when you have a broken leg. I was having a blast this year on the Tully up until I broke my leg. :cry: Oh well I'll be back for the tricos!!!!!! :cool: Boy I love the way fish fight on the Tully!

Thanks for the tip JayL, and on that note, anyone want to join me for an outing on the tully sometime next week?

I fished the Tully tonight with my son. He just graduated from college and it's the first time we got to fish together in 4 years! We had a blast. There were more fish than you could shake a graphite stick at. It's a very different experience than what it used to be when it was stocked with fingerlings. Personally I'm not sure which I like better but for tonight, anyway, it was just about perfect.

Sounds like a great time steve. Whered you guys end up fishing, at the red covered bridge?

Thanks for the heads-up Mike. Now I know what streams to avoid for the next couple of weeks.

There are a few streams in the region that are fising quite well right now and I'm glad to see they are not on the list for the extra stocking. Based on the enthusiastic response to the news of extra stockings, I'll likely have my favorite spots all to myself!

mute,
We fished between the paper mill and the road to nowhere bridge. If you're going, go soon. After the 15th the spinner crowd will be taking them home!

Back