HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

ANOTHER Bucket

From Along the Lehigh Above the Gap

Posted on: 2010/9/15 23:31

Re: ANOTHER Bucket

From Eastern PA
And you were just asking me today what the hell you were going to do with that mouse fly.

Posted on: 2010/9/15 23:39

From Along the Lehigh Above the Gap
O I know what I am going to do with it LOL Lehigh at Dusk should be fun.

Posted on: 2010/9/15 23:51

I never knew trout would go for the mice. Thought maybe it was a Bass thing. How do you present mice?

Posted on: 2010/9/16 0:14

From florida
Put a rubber band around it's middle and slide a hook under it.Put mouse on a board and float it into the spot wher your fish lurkes. Pull the mouse off the board and hold on.
I was told this by an old timer who fished the Truckee River in California.Mice patterns in Alaska.

Posted on: 2010/9/16 0:28

From Westmoreland County (near fairgrounds)
The NZ equivalent to our cicada...

Posted on: 2010/9/16 1:42

From NE OH
Saw a fishing show about casting mouse patterns for brook trout in Labrador. What if native PA brookies were that big....a guy can dream.

Posted on: 2010/9/16 6:53

From Gettysburg
Quote:

wsender wrote:
I never knew trout would go for the mice. Thought maybe it was a Bass thing. How do you present mice?

For both bass and trout I fish my mouse flies on the surface, down and across, with a slow, steady retrieve. Best under low light conditions.

Posted on: 2010/9/16 7:30

From SE PA
Quote:

gulfgreyhound wrote:
Put a rubber band around it's middle and slide a hook under it.Put mouse on a board and float it into the spot wher your fish lurkes. Pull the mouse off the board and hold on.
I was told this by an old timer who fished the Truckee River in California.Mice patterns in Alaska.

Or fish it just as you would for bass. Remember you are imitating the mouse not the fish. Cast close to shore and work it out. Cast along a floating log or under an overhanging limb. Next to a rock. The fish could take it for a mouse, a small duckling, etc. Just size according to the quarry. Baby mice can be small.

Posted on: 2010/9/16 9:08

From florida
Anyone ever see trout chase a frog?Walking a creek bank in S.Carolina I had a frog jump into the creek.The frog got attacked like the carp in Pymatuning chasing bread. I looked for a frog and came up empty. Maybe it would be worth a try mouse and frog patterns ?

Posted on: 2010/9/16 9:15

From Hagerstown, MD
LRSABecker,
That has always been one of my favorite Youtube vids!!!! Thanks for posting...NZ is just an epic place.

Posted on: 2010/9/16 13:01

From Lancaster
The number one item on my bucket list for years was fishing Labrador for giant brookies. I got the opportunity to do that three years ago and caught several brookies on mouse patterns. Actually missed far more than I caught but it was very cool because of the visual takes and splashy refusals. More often than not, the trout would porpoise up and take the fly on it's way down! A few others would roll up alongside and inspect the mouse before a splashy refusal.

I've tried the same pattern & technique in Maine and other parts of Canada with less success, but it's still fun to throw them as a changeup once in a while.

Posted on: 2010/9/17 8:21

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com