Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 9 »

Re: A day in the early March life of an AFM

From lancaster county
Because i see it alot from him. I was talking to him and asked you to explain it since you seem to be speaking for him and analyzing it yourself

Now i understand. You too.........have your hand on the wooden spoon

Posted on: 2010/3/10 13:27

From York County
It amuses me how quickly an interesting topic, goes down the crapper, pretty much half of time it derails into an argument that has little to do with the general topic by page 2 or 3.

Let's see where this one goes, I found the original post an interesting perspective from Mike.

Posted on: 2010/3/10 13:39

From lancaster county
So did i just asked a simple question.(in a statement , lord knows i dont wanna argue that)

Sorry guys.

I still would like to know if they captured any wild bows in the LL.

Posted on: 2010/3/10 13:42

From Bozeman
And somewhere along the mystical voyage of a topic, we come full circle... Someone further derails the topic by turning into a discussion about derailing topics. Just as every good argument eventually devolves when the usual suspects come to argue against arguing.

Just sayin'.

Posted on: 2010/3/10 13:42

From York County
Yeah, no doubt, I'm just waiting to see page 2. Two guys arguing over stocked vs. wild instincts and spawning, one guy likes rainbow trout and beens, another being accused of derailing the topic by mentioning about topics being derailed by two guys arguing over the fact that stocked trout will spawn being moot or something in that order.

Posted on: 2010/3/10 13:52

From York County
I'd rather be fishing

Posted on: 2010/3/10 13:55

From lancaster county
Me too! This weekend should produce some nice pics and stories that i think you all will enjoy. Hopefully it will end some of my cabin fever. I tell ya not fishing 200 days outta the year is killing me.

Jake,

again i apologize. Note that i wasent trying to argue. I was just asking Jack why he feels the need to throw in such comments. As often happens, i have to defend a comment later in the thread.

Its kinda a double standard, at least if you ask me. Its ok for someone to bring a pot and their special chili and stir it a few times. Even friends can have a handle on the spoon and stir it. I better not add my two peppers or it becomes kinda spicy and my hand gets slapped

Posted on: 2010/3/10 14:01

From Montgomery County
Jay, point me in the right direction along belmont ave. If things pan out, there's some venison in it for you this fall...

Posted on: 2010/3/10 14:12

From Dallastown, PA
Quote:

salvelinusfontinalis wrote:
Me too! This weekend should produce some nice pics and stories that i think you all will enjoy. Hopefully it will end some of my cabin fever. I tell ya not fishing 200 days outta the year is killing me.

Jake,

again i apologize. Note that i wasent trying to argue. I was just asking Jack why he feels the need to throw in such comments. As often happens, i have to defend a comment later in the thread.

Its kinda a double standard, at least if you ask me. Its ok for someone to bring a pot and their special chili and stir it a few times. Even friends can have a handle on the spoon and stir it. I better not add my two peppers or it becomes kinda spicy and my hand gets slapped

See there's your problem Sal....you added too many peppers...why can't the moderators have chili too? If I don't like the way Jacks chili looks, I don't stick my spoon into it. You seem to like to taste everyones chili and comment on it. Often your comments are spicier than the chili which inflames the thread (and other body parts).

What Jack did there is what is called a tongue-in-cheek comment or "inside joke". Often people around here pick up on the inside jokes about previous threads that people make and either enjoy it become offended, often because it comes off as condescending when it is really just a one sentence offering of conflict toward others views.

Heaven forbid a moderator do it. We should know better. My question is...better than what?

Posted on: 2010/3/10 14:19

From Other side of the tracks
Quote:

JakesLeakyWaders wrote:
Yeah, no doubt, I'm just waiting to see page 2. Two guys arguing over stocked vs. wild instincts and spawning, one guy likes rainbow trout and beens, another being accused of derailing the topic by mentioning about topics being derailed by two guys arguing over the fact that stocked trout will spawn being moot or something in that order.

At least I didn't correct him for calling them golden trout instead of golden rainbows.

I didn't see what happened as derailing the thread. Not really.

This one was a story about Mike's experiences for a day. We need more stories like that, but that would be side issue. Anyway, no real questions were raised by Mike. He just described his day. a welcome story. The first couple responses were complements about the story. Like most of us, I also liked the story, but how many people have to pay the complement directly.

If you remember though, he did bring up the spawning golden trout (golden rainbow trout) and he did seem to express that with some surprise at seeing them spawn. doesn't that make it worth discussing?

Then Jack commented on that.

There ya go. not off topic.

If you disagree, then it was Jack's fault. Shame on you Jack for being so sarcastic.

I think some of us are so tired of seeing threads hijacked over the past several months, we are seeing it now in places where it isn't really a problem. just an opinion.

Posted on: 2010/3/10 14:21

From Monessen, PA
I go away for an hour or so and you guys are fighting again. Don't make me stand you in a corner. I thought Mike's mention of it was not so much surprise but rather that he, like me, suspects a lot of people are misinformed about the result of hatchery reproduction has on stocked trout behavior. The effect of it is mostly temporary and mostly a result of conditioning. Many people have expressed beliefs that border on silliness when they denigrate hatchery fish. I thought Mike's observation brought a touch of reality to the topic and so I highlighted it with sarcasm.

Posted on: 2010/3/10 14:28

From lancaster county
Ok now im going to hijack.

Quote:
See there's your problem Sal....you added too many peppers...why can't the moderators have chili too? If I don't like the way Jacks chili looks, I don't stick my spoon into it. You seem to like to taste everyones chili and comment on it. Often your comments are spicier than the chili which inflames the thread (and other body parts).

point taken Mo. Didnt realize asking a question was adding too much spice. I think thats more your guys problem than mine. I thought this was a message board for commenting and discussing. So yes i like tasting everyone chili. Thats what this place is for ...no?
I didnt see any of my comments in this thread or ones lately(other than towards Frank) to be spicy in the least. I guess some people are still upset from previous posts of mine? Dunno.
Frankly, kinda sick of it Mo.

ill just go back to lurking. Too much energy wasted defending myself constantly.

Fly-flinger call me about this weekend. you got my number.

Posted on: 2010/3/10 14:37

From York County
No need to apologize Sal, as I noted, I am quite amused with all things derailed, debated, and disturbing

And I also enjoyed Mikes story and the perspective it brings to all of us.

Posted on: 2010/3/10 14:38

From York County
You know I think Jay got it right the first time about even the mention of derailment. Now look what I've done.

Posted on: 2010/3/10 14:40

From Other side of the tracks
Quote:

JackM wrote:
I go away for an hour or so and you guys are fighting again. Don't make me stand you in a corner. I thought Mike's mention of it was not so much surprise but rather that he, like me, suspects a lot of people are misinformed about the result of hatchery reproduction has on stocked trout behavior. The effect of it is mostly temporary and mostly a result of conditioning. Many people have expressed beliefs that border on silliness when they denigrate hatchery fish. I thought Mike's onservation brought a touch of reality to the topic and so I highlighted it with sarcasm.

Could be. I’m not going to argue that, because I’m not mike…

I saw it as he expressed surprise to see that they were spawning in the Spring (versus the fall maybe). “saw something new!” in his words (including the exclamation mark).

If you want to start a discussion about stocked trout behavior versus wild, I'll play along, but as far as spawning goes. There isn't any notable difference because it is instinct IMO.

But we probably should start a new thread. it has all been discussed before.

Freshly stocked trout don’t act right when it comes to behavior and feeding if you ask me. They will hit anything EXCEPT for natural looking items until they get it figured out. Pellet flies anyone?

Posted on: 2010/3/10 14:56

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 9 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com