Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: A Day At Penns Creek(trip Jan.30th)

From Harrisburg
I can do Clarks on Sunday for sure. I am just two valleys south of it, so let me know.

Posted on: 2010/1/28 14:18

From Harrisburg
I was thinking of heading up to the cabin this weekend (Poe Valley) but as cold as it is up there it will take all weekend to get the cabin warmed up. And if I went I was going to do some rabbit hunting.

Posted on: 2010/1/28 14:22

From lancaster county
well in case you go.....while while your wabbit hunting take a bweak and come catch a fish

Ill let ya know about clarks.

Posted on: 2010/1/28 14:23

From Landisville
I'm staying the weekend in Mcalisterville and will make the trip to Penns saturday. If fishing isn't good there, i'm up for any of the smaller tribs or nearby streams to wet a line and take some pics.

Never been to Penns before so i'll be there fair and square! Its so close to not make the visit and try.

Posted on: 2010/1/28 14:35

From lancaster county
i love MacKenzie she is such a sweet baby girl. We been sitting here posting to you guys.

Shes on my lap and im reading Dwights Landis's Book to her on streams in the area. Since the wifes back to work i got do my research while i have the baby.

Hey Dwight she loves your book man shes all smiles. She liked the section on Fishing Creek

Posted on: 2010/1/28 14:36

From West Chester, PA
Enjoy reading her those books now - in another year you will just be chasing her around the house wondering where she gets all of her energy to upset everything!...:)

Posted on: 2010/1/28 14:42

From lancaster county
I hear ya TDB.

Shes almost 3 months old and i havent begun to scratch the surface of challenges and problems i will face raising a child.

To this point she has been a dream.

She doesnt cry like ever. She wakes up happy and just babbling away. Kinda like her dad If you change her and feed her right away she wont get fussy for another 3 hours. Then change and feed and shes all smiles again. This kid smiles more than any baby ive ever seen. She just loves people.

Resized Image

SmilE!

Who can say no to that face

Look at the outfit my wife is such an abuser! Go Steelers!

Found a thumb

Well i gotta put my lists away and dwights book. I got 4 streams in mind now......need a few more. Maps and Geomaps tonight.

Hows Mac doing after our 1st research session?

Resized Image

Shes wore

Posted on: 2010/1/28 15:32

From lancaster county
Im actually excited slay and i dont blame ya for wanting to try lol

time for work

Posted on: 2010/1/28 15:39

From Chester County
Great photos Sal. A real keeper.

Attach file:

jpg  Lookin' for the wilds.jpg (228.87 KB)
53_4b61f727c0633.jpg 1023X682 px

jpg  Found em!.jpg (181.98 KB)
53_4b61f731e7bbd.jpg 1023X682 px

Posted on: 2010/1/28 15:44

Quote:

salvelinusfontinalis wrote:
Its always possible

There are still plenty of Limestoners i need to fish in the east. One in particular comes to mind.......ahem trow and LL

I still say though that conditions for that little gem has to be high water. That stream might be one of the spookiest and clear in the state. I had never seen such a wonderful mix of wild, stocked and holdover trout. Rainbows breeding and sharing a hole with wild and stocked browns and a brookie the size of a tanker ship. Out of the hundreds of fish i saw i barely managed to catch any. All i could do was sit and do the long wait (like an hour) and fish right over top of them. Hard stream.

Load with scuds for sure

I was there yesterday Sal. What a cool sight spring was gin clear but the left and right tribs were muddy after the water mixed in the riffle it was chocolate milk all down stream. I shoulda went back today but didn't. BTW not a fish in that high water...... You sure there not manicans???????

Posted on: 2010/1/28 15:47

From Gettysburg
Sweet pics Sal - good luck at Penns (or wherever).

Posted on: 2010/1/28 18:34

From West Chester, PA
Dude, Nice pix! And I'm happy to hear that she is well behaved.. My guy was/is too! Do yourself a fovor, one of the best things I got when my boy was 6 months old was a backpack carrier. He was fishing with me from 9 months and still loves toting in that thing at 2 years old... I've caught some of the most memorable fish while he was kicking me in the back!...:)

Enjoy - and good luck this weekend if you get out.

Posted on: 2010/1/28 19:40

From Ephrata,PA
Hey Sal, I'm hoping to show Dan some of my old "Secret" Wild Brookie streams in Centre County this spring. As a kid and teenager, my buddies and I fished some of the most Wild and difficult to reach mountain streams in Centre County. They were loaded with little "gems" that would eagerly hit whatever you tossed to them as long as they didn't see you first. Some of the streams have names, some of them I'm not sure of the names, but if you don't mind a good hike and LOTS of Mt Laurel, it's a fun day. I haven't been back there in 25+years, but I've been itching to show them to Dan, I'd love it if we could plan a weekend and I'll finally get to meet you. Loved the post about the long johns in MacDonalds! Looked like a fun day!

Posted on: 2010/1/28 20:13

From Greencastle
Great pics Sal, your girl is adorable. Some day she will want to do everything that you do. My daughter and I went hiking through Caledonia State Park this past weekend and I took the rod with me. Although fishing with a 3 year old is a bit tough at times it is fun.

Posted on: 2010/1/28 22:39

From Monessen, PA
Quote:

NoMoreCornChuckin wrote:
Hey Sal, I'm hoping to show Dan some of my old "Secret" Wild Brookie streams in Centre County this spring. As a kid and teenager, my buddies and I fished some of the most Wild and difficult to reach mountain streams in Centre County. They were loaded with little "gems" that would eagerly hit whatever you tossed to them....

I have to ask: was this during the "CornChuckin" days.

Posted on: 2010/1/29 6:26

« 1 (2) 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes
No
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com